View Single Post
05/08/14, 05:35 AM   #3
lyravega
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, modding is a hobby for me, I've created several mods for several other games; I enjoy the challenge.

Code wise, whenever I am stuck with something, I look for other mods that already had tackled the problem, and see how they did it, study it, and implement my own solution. The important thing here is, devising your own solution to the problem; copy/pasting a code, or just changing the variable names/etc... you won't learn a thing on the long run.

UI wise, I am a rather bad modder. So I look for libraries and other stuff that I can use in order to save time. I even contacted Seerah, asking whether or not I need his/her blessings to use the libraries, and s/he told me it is a library for people to use.

There are some cases, where you cannot reinvent the wheel. Similarities are bound to occur, so it may look the same, do the same, work the same, but as I've said, the important thing is devising your own solution; learning how it ticks, getting the feel of it so to speak.

Now to your question, if someone is trying to understand a piece of code in my mod and contacted me, I'd gladly help. However, if someone just goes and "steals" my code, it is well beyond the line.