View Single Post
05/05/14, 03:00 AM   #62
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey,
From my short experience I think that this error can also appear when the Client encounters some problems with calculating the UI layout. For example this simple gui leads to the error:
Code:
<GuiXml>
    <Controls>
        <TopLevelControl name="MyTestTopLevelControl" hidden="false" resizeToFitDescendents="true">
            <Anchor point="CENTER" />
            <Controls>
                <Backdrop name="$(parent)Backdrop" inherits="ZO_DefaultBackdrop">
                    <AnchorFill />
                </Backdrop>
            </Controls>
        </TopLevelControl>
    </Controls>
</GuiXml>
The source of the probem here is the resizeToFitDescendents attribute in combination with AnchorFill. Looks like the Client has some problem calculating MyTestTopLevelControl dimensions because it should resize to fit the backdrop but the backdrop want to fill it's parent. In the end this leads to "Too Many Anchors processed" error. Maybe there is some loop that processes the anchors and in the above example it processes the TopLevelControl anchor and then the backdrop anchor but then it realizes that it must process the parent anchor but since the backdrop must fill it's parent - it processes the backdrop anchor and so on. So the loop continues until it reaches some defined itaration condition (Too Many Anchors processed).

But it's just my guessing