View Single Post
02/08/20, 08:41 PM   #6
wambo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I havent tested AuraMastery, I actually assumed it wasnt developed anymore, but I noticed it got updated for Dragonhold and has a new "grouping function" (and maybe more, still looking into it)

The second idea to unify multiple addons occured to me while writing.
Unifying it would have a few benefits:
a) no double notifications -> less clattered screen
b) less addons to be maintained, more authors could try to help using one instead of creating their own.
-> Granted it will be much work, to take every useful notification ( trigger, warning, timer, behaviou "countdown, counting up..." ) over to another one, and to recreate the notification display (Like code's sexy dodge bars, or Status panel and so on"

Unifying many addons would needs some reconsideration. Atm the player still has to move them himself, so they wouldnt overlap, and deactivate double ones, if possible.
It would need a system to organize them into different frames (boxes), which the player can move (and maybe adjust? in size)
- React fast (dodge bar, wing thrash, barswap in x, block thrash, ) -> middle top, ordered by the time of impact
- Preparation (next portal phase, next crushing darkness, next Ice Tomb spawning in, next Laser phase, next triplets swap)
- Information (x bombers alive, x seconds till boss spawn, and so on)

As to create a simple notification in LUA: thats not as easy.. I once started looking into changing Assist rapid riding to adapt it to another skill, but I postponed it indefinitely (gave up) when I saw how much code there was to it, and that I couldnt follow most of it. I do have very limited programming experience but I do have abit, and I wouldnt say its easy :-/

On the other hand I know that everybody does this in their free time, so I posted this to gather opinions and ideas.

Last edited by wambo : 02/09/20 at 06:34 AM.