View Single Post
12/05/16, 05:37 PM   #1
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tooltip text alignment

Hello, this is probably an easy question, but it feels like the solution is a bit over my level of knowledge

I want to add a custom tooltip onMouseEnter for my control (a label, shouldn't matter though).

I sucessfully added the tooltip, now i want to have a vertical list of text strings in it (approx the same length~<=20).

If i use ZO_Tooltips_ShowTextTooltip i'm getting all the text strings with center alignment and i can't figure out how to make them aligned to the left.

ZO_Tooltips_ShowTextTooltip uses AddLine method. I tried to make a custom function and call AddLine as:

Lua Code:
  1. InformationTooltip:AddLine(line, "", 1,1,1, LEFT, MODIFY_TEXT_TYPE_NONE, TEXT_ALIGN_LEFT, true)

It works, but now the tooltip has a fixed width that is way higher that i would like.

Making the last property to false (or nil) makes the tooltip adjust its width to the content, but reverts the alignment to center.

How can i get the tooltip to adjust its width while making the text entries there left-aligned?

ZO_Tooltips_ShowTextTooltip does perfectly what i need besides of the alignment part.

Thank you