View Single Post
02/04/24, 08:46 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by hamiltonmath View Post
So, I'm not sure what is happening now. I recreated the addons, but now we have issues again. Every addon I use is going back to first time setup now. Even backing them up is not saving them.

Either your addons are not properly saved because
A) You leave the game with ALT+F4 or it crashes -> Nothing saved properly to SavedVariables then!
B) Your AntiVirus/Windows Defender blocks access to the SavedVariables folder c:\users\....\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables
or whatever the screenshot trick mentioned above tells you is the correct folder that ESO thinks it should use!!!
C) MS OneDrive sync of your documents folder is enabled and it blocks access to that live\SavedVariables folder, and or restroes old data from OneDrive cloud
D) Any other software is blocking access to your documents folder -> Check Windows event logs and Windows Security history, and or other instaleld anti virus/malware log files -> Whitelist your user's documents/other folder determiend by screenshot trick for the ESO executable YourESOInstallDirectory\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
E) You got any other problems on your PC (Update antivirus, scan whole PC for malware, etc.)