View Single Post
06/30/23, 12:11 AM   #19
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I had the same discussion with you a few weeks ago, and I must sayb
Yes, you search by your own and that's great.
But no, you often do not seem to read the answers properly.
Or you do but not going into detail, letting others (us!) do your job there...

Shatlikran explained it really good, in detsil, linked the description of the lua pattern characters (yes, that uppercase S wasn't explained but uppercase was below all chars, by the A example. So maybe you missed it, or only searched for S ).

I know it's hard to lrarn new stuff but we REALLY explain alreary more than usual, even write total code for you. And Sharlikran is correct to react annoyed of one needs to repeat the same 3 times.

Forums are not unfriendly. You must keep in mind that there are thousands of ppl asking stuff, many things were asked so often you do not even understand why it's not found by the next asking guys themselves.
And if it feels to take like an endless anserr, with multiple repeats, it's not helping. You feel like taking against a wall then (especially if different answering devs explain, provide info AND links, and it is still ignored/not understood).

So please keep that in mind and try to read the links and sources we provide more sincerely. Understand keywords klike pattern in this case here) and search on that. Google would have shown you multiple results for "lua pattern %S" (even with reddit examples where devs explain all!).

Makes you learn it better/more easily, and unstresses us ppl answering here. Else you might get only 1 link next time, and have to do the research by your own (like it would be best to learn it, actually) until you find your answer and can place the next answwuestion based on it.

If you feel this is not what forums should do for you you might need to go back to the friendly prison guys then

@Shalikran Try to strip those squirrel on crack comparisons please

Editb Sorry for the many typos, hope it's still readable.
Btw, just read that "Baertram is always nice" part: I'm not.
I jusr adopt to your questions and know meanwhile how to take you, sinnereso. I really must say it's more complicated than others, but I know you got no developer background and thus it might be harder to follow at some steps. So I'm doing the extra mile, but you cannot expect that to happen from all here. So please do not compare me with others and say "you all should be like Baetram".thanks for the words but that's unfair to the others! In the end I should be more like them be let you do more homework

Last edited by Baertram : 06/30/23 at 12:18 AM.