View Single Post
02/22/16, 01:42 AM   #9
Kith
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I could set it up that Major and Minor effects are their own category that can be sorted to windows (or hidden outright) rather than just filters; at least for the player; will have to think of the best way to handle that for the target (probably just leave the filters 'as is')

For the icon, it should be possible to set a special case and then an icon for each type of buff; and assuming the game itself only allows one instance of each Major and Minor effect (which I believe it does) that shold handle them.

Just as an aside, the runspeed buff from Quick Cloak is Major Expedition which is why it gets filtered and, as Quick Cloak does other effects as well its in somewhat of a grey area as to what should and shouldn't be filtered so I think the best option to not have a multitude of checks would be to leave the Expedition part under the new Major/Minor categories.

I'm thinking the following should handle the situation as well as possible:

Add two new categories (so they can be sorted to any frame or hidden outright)
Major Effects on Player, Minor Effects on Player

Give each unique effect an icon, not the icon its 'meant' to have, for consistency; for potion effects, I guess they should be treated the same - I mean you either care about a Major Effect being on you or you don't, its source shouldn't really matter much and this would accomplish that.