View Single Post
04/24/23, 02:38 PM   #14
sinnereso
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oh yeh the jumpto is the last function... it checks for combat and waits.. then executes momento if one is enabled or doesn't if not and then jumpto after varied delay based on momento chosen or instantly if effects disabled.

I guess my concern is other addons jumping to specified targets.. the guild/friends lists is no problem but I have to manage to make sure the jump is to they're intended target. Id basically be a middleman for the jumpto for anything attempting to and applying effects if enabled and ABLE to provided the original addon(beammeup fore example) didnt do one alrdy which is fine as i check fi one can be cast and if not just skips to jumpto.

Ill explore the possibilities more and see what I can come up with.

What I want ideally happening is completely not interfering with beammeup, teleport etc and allowing them to perform as normal with theyre effects etc for theyre functions while adding my own spice to my functions and guild/friend/group menu's or any addon just using plain old fashioned jumpto.

Hooking the jumpto i realize is a powerful risky maneuver affecting ANY jumpto's but its also the simplest to deal with as they only accept specific input which I'm already prepared to deal with so it sort of makes sense to me. But maybe I should be looking at hooking the context menu's instead of the jumpto functions which would avoid all this. Its more complicated though having to actually close the friends list 1st etc because u cant use a momento with them open. stuff like that.

Last edited by sinnereso : 04/24/23 at 03:12 PM.