Thread: Keybinds
View Single Post
01/06/20, 04:55 AM   #10
Octopuss

Oh, Ultima Online. Wow. The memories. I played the absolute **** out of it back in 2000-2002. Fun times when I had 300ms+ ping for a few months dues to ISP problems

ESO... I just don't know anymore. I even quit for several months last/this year because I couldn't stand the not so major yet exremely annoying bugs/borderline bugs/semi-unfinished/half-arsed features, and I decided not to give the company anymore of my money, meaning I cancelled my ESO+. Having only half the bank space sucks and I have ****ton of crafting mats stored across my chars, but I just refuse to pay for something they refuse to fix.

They "promised" Dx12 client back in 2016 or something. Nothing ever happened, and while all the performance improvements they are working on are great, something tells me we'd still get **** fps in the end anyway.
The renderer needs to go. Have you ever paid attention to the draw distance of shadows, grass and the like? I only noticed about a week ago. It's like friggin' 15 metres! And that's with all the artifical fog limiting view distance in the first place.
The game just screams "outdated crap" everywhere you go.
The character models are just ****, every mesh is as simple as possible, resulting in for example character models looking like from 2005 or something (if you look from too close up) with awesome rectangular shapes.
I just don't understand why they can't release something like high-res/higher-poly pack for the PC. I get it, consoles have useless hardware and the game is pushing it already, but FFS, why does that mean everyone has to suffer?
Housing, half arsed nonsense that's only good for getting frustrated, light sources being too dim and light going through floors, just...why/wtf?
The client not even recognizing Unicode characters on the input? What ****ing year is this?

I have to stop right there because the more I'm thinking about it, the more I feel like hanging someone from the balls and pissing on his incompetent head.
I used to play ESO like a maniac, but all this crap finally got to me some time during last year (actually the end of 2018).

I want to play it but I just can't.