Thread: Addon Etiquette
View Single Post
04/20/14, 05:10 PM   #12
thelegendaryof

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some good points floating around here. I have one thing I might add / aproof of as well:

I also feel like that Addons Settings tend to use up to much space right now (especially if you have to many of them installed ).

However, if LibAddonMenu would put up only one Main-Entry in the native Settings-Section named like "Addon-Settings" and then add an List-Box on the top of the Right-Side with all the addons setting names like they're used right now (just in the List-Box) it might be way more accessible and save up Screenspace after all.

And it would make it clear that those are Addon-Settings after all.

And I guess it wouldn't be as big of a change as it would require any API-Changes. What do you think about that idea Seerah?

Edit:

Retard me, next time I should check your comment-section beforehand. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7....html#comments.

I'd be willing to volunteer for it if you dont have time or don't want to add it right now (as I feel like it would be a big improvement). But I wouldn't want to do it without your approvement or official patch thereafter as I'd find that a bit of a waste of time if it 's unofficial and not pushed out. I could understand if you want to do it yourself thought! After all coding is something personal and needs to make fun - and sometimes you don't feel like others should mess with your code after all.

Last edited by thelegendaryof : 04/20/14 at 05:21 PM.