View Single Post
03/02/22, 08:04 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the information. I had missed that FAQ too, before I have seen the petition here.
But your first post was not providing this information. You just wrote some text like "you all overreact" and added a "lol".
If you'd have provided that additional information from the start it would have been on-topic and more helping than just writing something like "your petition is nuts".

Beside that: You are wrong about the data loss, and that's what that petition also is about:
There is no data loss. Log into every character after the change. It will merge all the data into the account-wide storage and updates the database's "earliest character name and date" fields as you log in each character and it finds earlier dates.
Only the 1st char having done the achievement will get the flag. What about all the other chars having done it? This information is lost.
And there exists a wide player base who wnats to track it for all of their toons, not only the 1st one having done it.
I can only repeat myself: The petition is about the "how" it is done (ZOs chose a simple way and says it is about the technics and server speed benefits. Maybe this is 1 reason but there could be other ways to achieve the same, like caching the achievments data at client side so the server access is not needed at each access to the achievements), not "that it will be done".

I also like the server wide achievements, but I totally agree that the already earned character achivements should be kept properly, and not downgraded somehow. Or at least let the players choose. Default: Server wide. The ones that want it different: Old way per toon.
This way they could even see how many players want a or b, and how many keep to use toon achievements. There are a lot of forum posts and players teling them already they dislike ONLY a, and want a + b. So they should listen to them.

Last edited by Baertram : 03/02/22 at 08:09 AM.