View Single Post
05/06/20, 07:13 AM   #13
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
No, we don't need additional options. We need a working addon.
For a lot of us the addon would update for hours while other addon gets the update in 2 minutes.
Something is not working good in the background and that should be fixed.
This is what the author explains in his sticky post. It could take hours to scan everything.

Reading the change log is also helpful.
ChangeLog for 2.2.1
Turbo Mode removed at ZOS's request.
So basically he created a way to speed things up and Zos told him to remove the feature. The guys like Baertram and Sirinsidiator were talking about something, I forget what it was. However, whatever it was the conversation was about something happening too quickly without a delay. If the delay wasn't there that it would kick the user from the server. If I remember correctly Dolgubon was asking what the delay needed to be. He was putting a delay in to prevent people from getting kicked using his mod. Even when using Awesome guild store you have seen the message "Cannot blah blah blah..." because you tried to scan too much data too quickly.

It is a drain on the Zos server to have people scan so much data over and over and over so they don't want that happening. It's a little disingenuous of people to assume that the author can speed that up.

Like Baertram said, MM tracks more things then other mods and that's why MM takes longer. However, to add to that. I am in three trading guilds. One is very casual. Maybe less then a 1000 sales posted at any given time. Takes no time at all. The other has top sellers earning over 2 Million in a week. That guild it takes several hours to complete. That's just how it is. The more things to record the longer it takes.

So anyone posting in multiple places and asking people various things like to vote on posts is not helpful. I understand that people might like someone take over the mod and optimize it to go faster. Most likely that is not possible because Zos already had him remove his last optimization option.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 05/06/20 at 09:35 AM.