View Single Post
07/05/14, 02:06 AM   #45
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ethelsia View Post
looks like they fixed it half-way. The @username is back in the SavedVariables file, but GetDisplayName still returns nothing... Also in the SavedVariables file they now add the same data twice once with the correct AccountName and once more with a blank username .. Anyhow, I guess my AddOn is a special case as I'm not using the SavedVariables file inside the game but use it to export data out of the game for another application to pick it up.
Basically the problem is that GetDisplayName returns "" (empty string). So when trying to load/create the saved variables, the SavedVar system goes for the "" account entry in the SavedVar table.
It still keeps you old one around (just as if you logged in with a different account on same window user). It just cannot access it anymore because it does not look for the right account name in the table.

Unless we force it too:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904
At least as far as saved variables are concerned, this forces the proper Display name to be used. It is also designed to turn off the second the original GetDisplayName() starts working again. But it is still a pretty deep change on the client side so I have no idea what issues it might cause.
You still have to modify the saved var files. But it will make the transition back a lot smoother and gives you seperation by account name back now.