View Single Post
04/18/15, 11:40 AM   #12
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, ZoS won't ban you, that's not the point here,
The question is, do you REALLY need a realtime query on disk?

Because :

And ZOS makes lua error() wrapper and becomes a private function in 1.....2.......
I think they're already thinking about it

Then yes, I was a bit trolling. Sorry but here from from times and the question of sharing data between players has been asked at least 10 times here and 10/20 times on official forums. And the quick answer is always "not possible".

If sharing data between players was possible, since the 1st day of ESO the top most downloaded addon would be "DPS Meter". And if the communication between ESO and system was possible, one of the biggest website about ESO would be something like "Armory", or "ESO Best players".

They're always tricks, but last time "something" outputs to system in real time, it was CopyAllTextToClipboard, you maybe don't know what this reffers to but I think some of those who replied to your questions knows, and if zos decide to change this one by writing to the error in file with a UI reload delay, Zbug could breathe.

Now, you can hack error(), read error log in real time and you'll get a nice app, but don't hack it too much, because zos can cut the functionnality when they wants.

Regards,