View Single Post
09/16/15, 05:04 PM   #5
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
I think you're misinterpreting it. Characters beyond the caret ^ are attributes of the word/expression for zo_strformat, so that it uses the proper form. Thus "sanded beech^ns" is not "sanded beech^n"s, it's "sanded beech" with attributes 'n' (neuter gender) and 's' (not described in that post, maybe it means "don't append s for plural").

Lua Code:
  1. zo_strformat("<<2[1/$d]>> <<tm:1>>", "sanded beech^ns", 5)
  2. -- 5 Sanded Beech
I am talking strictly for how my addon handles data :-)

I do understand the item link string but I wrote a .Net routine more than a year ago and it handled that string just fine until I started seeing plurals in my offline database.

So I now had to address new incoming data and format it the old way and I used the ^ns as my way of knowing.

Keep in mind I'm parsing saved variables and then putting all of that data into a .NET database and the GUI is the viewer.

What I am saying should not be misinterpreted to be any insight into LUA or any in game code. For me the new format appended s to multiples and I had to deal with existing saved data with that already attached and format incoming data to match.

It's for my code in .NET specifically so when you do a drop down on items you don't see cotton and cottons.

I had to make code changes for consistency and for incoming new data the ^ns is actually a big help.

I appreciate you correcting me but I should have been more specific. This affects users of my program only and I was looking for more items so I could put that out with the release.

I just uploaded it now so to users of GSA it will make sense and fix any data inconsistency.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that ^ns does mean an item is multiples of that item. I have seen it nowhere else and it works for me perfectly. It seems to only apply to raw materials for crafting.

It seems I may have discovered what s is used for by accident but now you have confirmation. It's not on Garkins list but it should be now. After working on this for the last two days I can tell you it means an item is a multiple stack. So far that is everything on this list.

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 09/16/15 at 05:18 PM.