View Single Post
11/27/23, 10:18 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The last addon this happened with was a Lib for a fast travel addon that had to do with guild house or port to friend. I wish I could remember but it was this same situation, I installed then added the dependency Lib and ...Bar Jump LOL
If this happens with different libraries and different addons then you might have a general issue there with any addon that actually "makes the bar's position changable".
If this is only happening e.g. if Bandit's UI is enabled (cuz vanilla game cannot change the position of the action bar) it might be just a generic issue with your Bandit's UI settings not saved properly, or any other error that occurs invisible.
Did you try to reset your SV for bandit's and check if this fixes it?

I cannot imagine, even I can say "I can tell you for sure" that any unrelated libraries like this LibQuestData or LibFastravel or whatever got anyhting to do with your jumping action bars. This must be co incidence (unless you downloaded any update of libraries and/or addons manually and it somehow f*d he addons folder, or you got a funny version of an addon where they change your action bars by coincidence ).

What I normally do in such weird cases is:
1. Logout, close game
2. Remove the total folder live/AddOns by renaming it to Addons_Backup
3. Manually download BanditsUI and needed libraries and extarct manually to live/AddOns (create the empty folder before) so that it contains
live/AddOns/BanditsUserInterface and live/AddOns/LibAddonMenu-2.0 and so on
4. Rename your live/SavedVariables folder to SavedVariables_backup
5. Start the game and configure BanditsUI to what you need and check if the bouncing action bars are back
6. Close the game again.
7. Manually install "Quest Map" and "LibQuestData" etc.
8. Start the game and enable the addons all together
9. Check if the bouncing action bars are back

If yes: Describe how to rebuild that error from login to error in simple steps 1, 2, 3
And link the LibDebugLogger file as Sharlikran asked for.

If no: Any other addon or broken SV files of BUI etc. caused that.
Try to logout and install other addons you had from before too.
DO NOT COPY OVER FROM OLD live/AddOns_Backup! Fresh install, via Minion or manually.
If you cannot find it anymore at Minion, do not use it anymore!
Why? Because of this: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

You can use an addon like "Addon Selector" ingame to save profiles/packs so you can easily switch enabled addons. It will also automatically enable the needed dependencies (if installed) for you!
That way testing which addon causes it is easier to do.

And in the end I'm pretty sure we will find out it was not related to any library but either BUI or SVs borked or any other UI related addon that coies your settings (account wide settings et such), or similar UI related addons and stuff.

Hope you'll find the bugger fast, all the best!