Thread: 2.2 Update
View Single Post
10/28/15, 02:52 PM   #23
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey there,

First of all, you may noticed that I moved ESOUI source code from my dropbox to a project on esoui.com.

Then, I've updated Events page, Events were very few modified and automatic global update is very long, so I've did it by hand. There were only 3 events added (and 2 undocumented)

EVENT_GROUPING_TOOLS_JUMP_DUNGEON_NOTIFICATION_NEW
EVENT_GROUPING_TOOLS_JUMP_DUNGEON_NOTIFICATION_REMOVED
EVENT_SHOW_SUBTITLE

Then, I would like to keep the modifications of the pages manually added by contributors, that's not easy because it's impossible to update whole pages without massedit (and mass delete)

Per exemple, API quote a lot of integers as result or parameter, and if a lot of us already know that ZOS don't use integers, but transforms them in their code in constants, still huge part of us are not aware of this and many authors are still trying to guess what means 1, 2, 3, instead of just look at a constant type.

So, I'll look to add a minimalistic db somewhere (on the wiki itself should be perfect) for our comments. It will be some rewrite of type by adding their Constant Type, or some remarks about function ("Do not Use", "No realtime", etc).

Then, as Orsinium popped 2 months after IC and next update will be in approximatly 3 months, it's still a planning hard to keep for some of us (especially .. me)

As you may noticed, we're not a lot, we lost our best (and far away) coder, and lot of us are just helping to maintain addons. With some results not so balanced. And time spent for updating instead of doing some new things (I'm sure you got a very long list in your mind to create or in beta version that doesn't exist yet..)

So again, a little message to the ones who are interested.. especially the new ones here

If you think there is already an addon which does this or that, please.. do not reinvent the wheel

Contact author, submit a patch, improve the existant, a little pm even if author can spend 2 months to answer and 6 months to add it. There is for some categories tons of addons which does exactly same things.. and for some category only the void.

Thanks for reading, hf!