View Single Post
08/30/19, 07:46 PM   #47
Jamz
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
No, java jar files are basically a kind of archive liek zip. But they can be executed.

So download the zip file from here first:
https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Minion3.0.5-java.zip

Extract all contents (the .jar file and the folder libs) to a directory c:\minion.
Create the folder if it doesn't exists first!

Then open teh command line with admin rights, e.g. press Win key, type "cmd" and you'll see the found command prompt entry. Right click it and say "Run as administrator".

In the command prompt change the directory to the drive and folder where you have extracted the minion jar to with the commands: <return> means you need to press the return key.

c: <return>
cd Minion <return>
Then execute the jar file with the java command:
java -jar Minion-jfx.jar <return>

Normally Minion should run then, using your installed Java JRE (Java runtime environment) version (the command "java" before "-jar Minion-jfx.jar" is executing the java.exe file from your System Environment variables -> They know where the java vesion is installed and uses it) which was mentioned above. Current version is
8 Update 221
https://www.java.com/de/download/win10.jsp
Thank you for typing all that out. Followed instructions and everything went fine up until I ran
"java -jar Minion-jfx.jar". It still won't start.

The log still shows:

"INFO 2019-08-31 09:32:03,765 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion...
INFO 2019-08-31 09:40:41,557 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.Minion:start(43): Attempting to start Minion..."

I guess Minion just isn't working for a lot of us. 2 of my buddies also can't get it to run doing same steps. Pretty much giving up for now. First time I've ever had so much difficulty getting an application to work. Used to work fine for about 2 years. Very confusing why it suddenly won't run no matter what. Hopefully the creators will fix it.

Thanks again for your help. If you have any other suggestions and leave them here, I will try later.