View Single Post
02/07/16, 04:54 PM   #3
Wandamey
yeah i get it now, but i was focusing on the "style" items and i misread the error. Besides i always leave LinkStyle blank, and I had no mention of it in my own addons. I forgot it a bit
For these items I got a handfull of ways of gettin the link.

and I said the args I get from SetPendingSmithingItem because i used function(control, ...) in my hook before TG. I dunno the technical words and for me it's just a way to get the hang on the needed vars to get my itemlink in the end.
And also have it working with a common function for all hooks. But that is dead for this tooltip now.

so (...) until now was working for GetSmithingPatternResultLink(...) but with TG, that bool break the linkStyle. I say extra arg because it didn't exist before TG.
It would be nice to add a dummy bool in GetSmithingPatternResultLink arguments or a dummy linkStyle in SetPendingSmithingItem
edit : or easier : limit the number of args for SetPendingSmithingItem to 5 ? i doubt the use of the crown item changes the item tooltip...

Until now there were always a symetry between the args of methods that set the tooltip and the ones that retrieve the itemLink. And that was convenient.

Last edited by Wandamey : 02/08/16 at 08:37 AM. Reason: clarify thanks to circonian's info