View Single Post
12/05/21, 10:40 AM   #12
Anntauri
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Thank you.

Brazilian Portuguese was already existant, did you check the existing translations and added yours, or is this a complete new one?
If there is no reason to replace all: I'd like to keep the existing as possible and only add missing ones.
-> Did you test your translations ingame if they match the length of the dialog and buttons by replacing the exising ["br"] table in file AddonSelector.lua with your translations?

Here are the existing translations, with the missing ones in english.
Are they okay, or do we need to replace them all with your new ones in total?
Ah, I didn't know there already was a Portuguese one, mine wasn't based on that, no offence to the original translator, but their version looks like as if it was translated by a non-native speaker, there's grammatical errors such as verb conjugation and not matching feminine words with feminine pronouns.

The "autoReloadUIHintTooltip" makes no sense, it's unintelligible.

Mine isn't perfect either ofc, I'm not up to date with Portuguese translations, I don't use them myself, so I don't know what is the community agreed upon standard translation for "Reload UI" as it could be translated in many ways.

I did test it in-game now, it's all good except the 1st two strings, I'd say that the space available for them is not enough for most languages, but you can replace those strings with a simpler version without loosing much understanding.

Lua Code:
  1. ["packName"]            = "Nome:",
  2. ["selectPack"]          = "Pacotes",