View Single Post
06/07/15, 01:54 PM   #3
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Augmenti-DeMontia View Post
Great mod, but I'm having a problem every time I log out or crash. If I immediately restart the game, all my GSSE search items show "out of date" even if I just search them 5 min ago.

Is there anyway to stop GSSE from marking searches/items "out of date" based on a time, i.e. a search goes out of date after 24 hours?

My answer builds on Baertram's response, which he is 100% correct about but I'll explain why you don't want to extend the data links timeout.

Hi it's counterproductive to do that.

The results are current after a certain amount of time it expires the links. The reason being that you can no longer be sure that item is still there, especially 24 hours later.

What prompted this question?

I'm going to guess that you aren't aware of 2 things you can do to speed up any search (1 item or all items).

First you can make 4 sec delay, a 3 second delay

at line line 539 and 769 add -- to the beginning of the line to remove the extra 1 sec delay.

Lua Code:
  1. --        delay = delay + 1000

Second are you away that GSSEx works with Awesome Guild Store Filters? So if I want a quick search for just blue motif books. Then I do 1 search using the filters in AGS, let it finish and then hit retrieve in GSSEx and it will only search whatever the AGS filters are.

This should make doing a current search much easier -- try not to do the ENTIRE guild each time. If you are looking for provisions then just set AGS filters, do 1 search and then go to GSSEx and hit retrieve.

Hopefully that helps.

I'm sure I could find code so the results don't expire for 24 hours but the way the stores index and change it would all be worthless data you saved.

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 06/07/15 at 01:57 PM.