View Single Post
06/03/20, 01:38 PM   #19
Verbalinkontinenz

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cool

ATT slowly opened history up to 10 days, while you're playing. Last time I played, when ZOS locked down the frequency of sent information from history, it only grabbed what it got from ZOS - there was no difference between ATT and MM regarding that. Except for the fact, that u had to type /mm missing and were a bit more locked to the situation that MM is just scanning history for hours to grabb older data. ATT also needs that time, there is no turbo mode. Its been depending on the frequency, ZOS sent the history information. As I remember, ZOS installed a change to that function, as ZOS is able to slow down and increase speed of sent data depending on server situation.

@Beartram - tell me - even if MM and ATT did that history scanning a bit otherwise, how is ATT scanning or processing less data than MM? Both are grabbing same data. Actually the things which made MM slow in general were tools like filters for extreme pricing and the fact, that MMs way of deleting data was clumpy. Arka did well deciding to straight-limit data to 30 days. Even if its about rare items, data older than 30 days isnt usefull at all - TTC website is better choice there anyways to guess a competetive price. But back to the scanning: ATT isnt faster than MM, its just doing it while you're playing step by step in the background - MM had been blocked with MM missing scanning, or basically you were visually informed about that process. There is no turbo mode in ATT.

MM options for deleting data wasn't that awesome for hardcore sellers. You had the choice to store data to specific amount of sold items for one specific item and additionally an option to store data of rarely sold items, which would keep them. In my "hardcorest" days of beeing a hardcore trader, MM needed to long to load which made me get logged out of the game when trying to logg in - and if changed the settings about deleting items, it made MM lose data younger than a week (Belkarth & Deshaan an the golden tempers - you know...alloy and dreughwax data always got deleted), which crashed guild sales overview - which isnt cool beein a gm as well. Basically thats also been the pure point of creating ATT - Arka decided to keep out functions which would slow down the tool, so hardcore traders which use many trade guilds could play without such problems. Problems, most people with casual trading habits wouldnt even recognize. (Saying as well - as people tend to compare both addons - ATT never has been created in intention to compete with MM - the main people, ATT was adressed to, were GM with similar trading habits and problems and powersellers in our guilds).

In general I'd advice anyone who uses that kind of tools (SGT, MM, ATT...) to just use it on one specific character, as example on the main character u play most, but not on all alts. There is no point in reopening/scanning history on every character after each login in general.

And it's clearly added because the ADDONS query the server data too often and too fast which related into the server performance problems, login problems and so on.
oh and edit: no they actually didnt. they did, what they ever did for years and which was offered by ZOS via api. ZOS just added to many new additions which also would query the server data too often. instead of solving this problem from technical side or communicating with the authors in advance, they decided to make the work of authors of those pretty popular addons partially useless. i totally do understand philgos and moonies frustration over ZOS, as well which happened to Arka and me. We just were lucky enough to find someone who is motivated enough to keep up the work.

Last edited by Verbalinkontinenz : 06/03/20 at 02:00 PM.