View Single Post
04/28/23, 09:43 PM   #88
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by RangedPuppet View Post
Hi I am new here on the forums I have been paying to use TTC for over a year now, I've set up an automatic payment throgh my bank I 've had a stroke a month agoand because of that am now disabled those adds I could live with but the captcha is making it the stroke affected my vision and I fail the captcha constantlyI find it un ridicilous that I pay for an add freeexperience with adds regardless and on top of that have to deal with the captcha which is failing endlessly I am a high volume trader and need to check prices often
Sorry to hear about the stroke and thanks for being a paid member.

The server got brought down several times by people spamming the server none stop. I had to introduce the captcha wall to keep it alive.

1. It has a hidden test which estimates how likely you are a bot with machine learning algorithm.
2. If the first test says you are likely a bot then the second level captcha system will kick in.

There are few things you can do to reduce the likelihood of being flagged as bot for the 1st test
1. Do NOT disable cookie. Google will need to have some way to keep track of the machine learning progress. If you disable cookie then they will see you as a new user every time. And if all the requests coming from your IP are all new users then it would look super suspicious.
2. Do NOT use browser addons which would interfere w/ Google's captcha service. (for example ad blocker which attempts to block all Google's service including captcha). Since you are already a paid member you can just go to account settings and turn on the disable ads option.
3. Do not use any automation software/addon to query TTC such as a custom web client or an auto refresher. Auto refresher is the most common cause that triggers captcha
4. Do not wait too long to solve the captcha
5. Try not to use VPN as it will greatly increase your chance of being identified as bot if someone is botting using the same VPN software as you

Note that your "bot score" will not drop immediate. But it should start to recover after a week or two's usage.