View Single Post
05/31/16, 03:10 PM   #5
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I believe that a snare over 100% is used to do a root. We could probably break out the action results into snare, root, and speed boost like SCT does if that helps.
Please do. At least for consistency with SCT. ACTION_RESULT_ROOTED indeed firing for 100% snares should be enough. I'm currently building an addon similar to WoW on-screen CC announcer and haven't been able to find a way to detect if your character is rooted. While SCT reported "ROOTED" status all the time

Speaking of SCT, i'm quite new at Lua progamming, but is my current understanding correct that i can't change parameters of default SCTEventVisualInfoId's?

So if let's say i want to alter the font size just for one particular SCT event, i need to create my own SCTEventVisualInfoId, then attach it to a SCT slot, set it up and disable default output for this SCTevent through game options?

I tried to find the current SCTEventVisualInfoId and GetSCTEventVisualInfoId(SCT_EVENT...) returned 0 for a dozen SCTeventIds i tried. And while GetSCTEventVisualInfoTextFontSizes(0,...) returned some values for font sizes SetSCTEventVisualInfoTextFontSizes(0,...) had no effect on them, so i assumed SCTEventVisualInfoId - 0 is protected.

There's literally no information online about anybody making a SCT related addon, so all i have is good old trial and error and some help would be awesome.

Thank you.

Last edited by dorrino : 05/31/16 at 03:23 PM.