View Single Post
11/21/21, 09:55 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Non-player houses are not detectable afaik.
There is no event firing and the map and zone data stays the same (for most of them).

If there is any unique interaction text at the door which you are able to detect (like "Open door to ...." or similar) you'd be able to use INTERACTION_MANAGER

Lua Code:
  1. SecurePostHook(FISHING_MANAGER, "StartInteraction", OnStartInteraction)
  2.         local action, interactableName, interactionBlocked, isOwned, additionalInteractInfo, context, contextLink, isCriminalInteract = GetGameCameraInteractableActionInfo()
  3.         if additionalInteractInfo == ADDITIONAL_INTERACT_INFO_<choose constant here> and not interactionBlocked and action== "<your action text like 'Open door' here>" then
  4.        end

> I found the additionalInteractInfo == ADDITIONAL_INTERACT_INFO_HOUSE_INSTANCE_DOOR in ZOs code, maybe it's always this for doors?
> action will be the name of the house owner then I guess, and the text at the reticle will use SI_GAME_CAMERA_TARGET + the action text then

to check for the interacation and if it was interacted with (not sure how to detect if this was interacted with though, maybe there fires another event then. You can check this via merTorchbug events or zgoo events e.g.) you#d know you have used a door or similar.

But IF I remember correctly the doors are all named differently :-( Maybe a pattern like "Enter <name>'s house" will appear, but still it would be a hacky way to detect + multi language issue

Last edited by Baertram : 11/21/21 at 10:00 AM.