View Single Post
10/20/15, 06:26 AM   #9
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
a brief history of ESO market addons...

Originally Posted by antihax View Post
I just duplicated the same format as MM for the unique identifiers, it is very similar to yours. This should help a bit.
very cool - I hope it helps

just a little background...

Shopkeeper is based off of Trade Sales History and MM is based off of ShopKeeper (the version Garkin and I fixed and updated - the core of the code was written by Khaibit and awesomebilly).

Philgo68 used ShopKeeper as the base of MM, also some code from ShopKeeper made it's way into Price Tracker Updated when Garkin took it over.

Master Merchant is a great upgrade to ShopKeeper and to make my addon seamlessly integrate with his, Philgo68 was kind enough to work out a system that if my addon is detected then he produces a saved variables file specific to GSA. If you aren't using GSA then this saved variables file does not exist.

Why I am telling you all this? Because when you said you duplicated the MM format (It's very similar to the ShopKeeper format, but he collects a bit more information*) I wanted you to know how that format evolved and who was involved.

I like to give credit where credit is due. If this is something you are duplicating from MM I just wanted to let you know how MM came to be.

Master Merchant is a great addon, really a must have addon along with Awesome Guild Store (they also work together, which is a really nice feature).

This post isn't so much as feedback but background info so the authors of these great addons get the proper credit for getting us to this point.

I'm just providing feedback and suggestions based on my experiences from working on ShopKeeper and GSA and then the integration with MM that I hope will help you in some way.

-d

*Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had added more info on each sale to make each sale as individual as possible, but right now GSA works 100% and I have no desire to make any big changes. But, I learned to never say never. We will just have to see how interesting the next DLC is.

Last edited by dopiate : 10/20/15 at 06:41 AM. Reason: me fail English? That's unpossible!