View Single Post
09/07/15, 11:26 AM   #4
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Harven View Post
Hey Garkin,
So the formula can be used only with Physical Resistance to calculate Physical Mitigation and with Spell Resistance to calculate Spell Mitigation. Moreover the value will apply only when you get hit by a player whos armor penetration is 100. I assume that when I get hit by QuadroTony, my mitigation will be 4.87% (10507 - 7781) / ((50+6) * 10)). In that case I see no point in putting the value (18.5839%) in stats window since the true value depens on other player (mob) stats.

On the image we can also see you calculated Armor (and Spell) Penetration percentage. But according to my tests the value changes as I put more armor on me. Also it doesn't change when I equip improved "Sharpened" weapon. To me it looks like this stat is broken. In the quote attached by QuadroTony you wrote: "The Apprentice mundus stone grants 5% of spell penetration which is for VR14 character 3200 spell penetration rating.". Where did you get that rating value from?
Its always Physical Resistance - Armor Penetration. So in your character sheet is 18.5839% and in QuadroTonys next to he Armor Penetration is 12.1578% (he is rank 14). I never said that it is perfect, I just did what QuadroTony requested - show some kind of percentage next to the rating.

Where did I get that number? I'm pretty sure that I found some post from user who actually have tested it. No, I didn't test it myself, but I believe it should be visible on your character sheet.