View Single Post
08/13/14, 01:29 PM   #5
ShabbyOne
Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
If it is the right user, there is no Windows issue. Your documents folder/user profile is the least proteced/most accessible folder while you are logged in. As a programmer this is the only folder I can savely asume write and read right too.

You need to unzip the addosn without creating a subfolder (we usually compress the whoel folder), then copy that unpacked folder into the Addon Folder. That is the most common mistake when unzipping.

Also the folder name and the .txt file (manifest) must be named absolutely identical and must be free of spaces/special characters.

If you were usign unified chat tabs, the path would have to look:
"C:\Users\Me\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\UnifiedChatTabs"
with the .txt file having the following position:
"C:\Users\Me\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\UnifiedChatTabs\UnifiedChatTabs.txt"
I am the only user on the PC, so it is the correct user. Going off the same example on my previous response, my SkyShards folder goes through my AddOns\SkyShards-1.6.8\SkyShards to where I can see a SkyShards.txt file that doesn't have any special characters.

I finally got it to work after I deleted the SkyShards-1.6.8 folder and replaced it with the SkyShards folder that was inside (simply copied the SkyShards unzipped folder from inside the SkyShards-1.6.8 folder and paste it inside the AddOn folder directly - for anyone with a similar issue. I then deleted the SkyShards-1.6.8). Not sure why it was creating the extra folder when I extracted. I was too focused on the beginning of the file path that I didn't catch the extra folder.

Thanks for all the help!!!