View Single Post
09/27/22, 01:02 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 View Post
Yes, I have this submenu problem with Unboxer but it looks like the some other addons don't have it, I will compare them and report.

EDIT: Indeed all addons using LibAddonMenu-2.0 have:
- Description overlapping (like if someone would forget some tags in an html table)
- The submenu behavior you described
New iformation, thanks Dan:

ZOSDanBatson
Okay we tracked down the issue with LAM. I have a fix incoming for a future PTS hopefully. In the meantime, if it's really causing issues, you can change this code:
control:SetDimensionConstraints(width, 0, width, 0)
to use -1 instead of 0 in SetDimensionConstraints where you want no constraint

So yea, on PTS atm, for a control that is ResizeToFitDescendents, 0 means 0.
So you can use -1 to correct for the issue
And -1 will always be (and always has been) safe to use in place of 0 to mean the same thing: "not set"
Means:
It was always better to use -1 if you want to have dimension constraints with an "unset" value, instead of 0.
A fix will correct this so 0 works too again - Currently on PTS 0 really means 0 which makes the LAM controls not show properly (height, width) and ResizeToFitDescendents not work properly as the controls' size it should resize to is not given.

You could check your addons code for :SetDimensionConstraints calls and if there is any 0 in the params you could replace it with -1 to make it compatible with current PTS and new live patches. Or wait for the fix until 0 works properly again as "unset".

Edit 2022-10-08:
Please read this new thread created by ZOsDanBatson:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46625

Last edited by Baertram : 10/08/22 at 08:56 AM.