08/15/15, 05:01 PM   #1
Scarr
Request: Auto Advance Guild Vendor Chat to get to Sales Window

I shop though a lot of guild vendors and I noticed that I have to click on the vendor, then click the line of chat text that says that I want to shop with that vendor before I can actually get to the sales screen. I would like to be able to simply click the vendor and have the sales screen open, bypassing the need to click the text chat confirmation.
08/16/15, 11:08 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You should be able to select the text lines with numbers (1 to ...) too, so you do not need to click them.
Just approach a vendor, press the key to speak with him/her ("E") and press 1 (or 2, depends on the vendor and it's chatter possibilities) to sell your stuff.
08/17/15, 02:44 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

I don't know anything about dialogs yet, but I can take a look into it and add it as an option to AwesomeGuildStore should it be possible.
08/17/15, 07:21 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Keep in mind that some NPCs (even guild stoer traders maybe?) can show additional chatter options you are able to use.
Like some NPCs say hello and you can ask them questions, so they will show more chatter options to select from then others.
So it mustn't always be the 1st entry in their chatter options to open theire represented guild's store.
08/17/15, 07:51 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
no, not guild traders among em

bankers - yes, but not traders
08/17/15, 01:19 PM   #6
Scarr
It would be great if it could be added into Awesome Guild Store or another addon that I use. Thanks for the tip of pressing number keys, that helps but I would much rather skip that dialog altogether and just get what I want, the sales window =)
08/17/15, 04:05 PM   #7
circonian
Here is the code for it:
Warning: Spoiler

EDIT: I think I read the post wrong that was for auto-opening the store. If you want the trading house you could do something like:
Warning: Spoiler

Last edited by circonian : 08/17/15 at 05:23 PM.
08/18/15, 02:38 AM   #8
sirinsidiator

Thanks for the snippet. I will look into it after work.
This iterates over all options on every dialog and also opens the trading house on bankers, right?
Is there a way to distinguish a banker npc?
08/18/15, 03:56 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I guess the bank scene is not active before you press the bank button at the chatter options?
But as you iterate all chatter options, and the bank comes before the guild store option, you could easily check inside the iteration with something like if CHATTER_START_BANK then break end?

Last edited by Baertram : 08/18/15 at 03:58 AM.
08/18/15, 02:08 PM   #10
sirinsidiator

Under the assumption that a guild trader will always have the store dialog option in first place and a banker won't, I will do it like this:
Lua Code:
  1. RegisterForEvent(EVENT_CHATTER_BEGIN, function(_, optionCount)
  2.     if(IsShiftKeyDown() or not saveData.skipGuildKioskDialog) then return end
  3.     local _, optionType = GetChatterOption(1)
  4.     if(optionType == CHATTER_START_TRADINGHOUSE) then
  5.         SelectChatterOption(1)
  6.     end
  7. end)
No need to iterate over all options and you can suppress the feature by holding shift when talking to a trader.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 08/18/15 at 02:11 PM.
08/18/15, 04:00 PM   #11
circonian
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Thanks for the snippet. I will look into it after work.
This iterates over all options on every dialog and also opens the trading house on bankers, right?
Is there a way to distinguish a banker npc?
The code I posted distinguishes between the "Trading Guild" npcs & the banker npc. That is what why the code uses two variables. It searches all dialog options and only selects the trading house if it is the only option (ignoring the general "talk" options).

So if they are at a bank there will be other options: Bank, Guild Bank, & Trading house. In that case NO it will not open the trading house on bankers, but I would assume that would be the preferred operation for it. Otherwise you would not be able to open the bank or guild bank because it would automatically open the trading house every time.

EDIT: I did it that way because I've never actually used any trading house and although, like sirinsidiator said, I also assumed the code sirinsidiator posted would work...that trading house would always be the first option, but I was not sure. So I checked all of the options to be safe.

Last edited by circonian : 08/18/15 at 04:08 PM.
08/18/15, 04:03 PM   #12
circonian
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I guess the bank scene is not active before you press the bank button at the chatter options?
No the bank scene is not active & you can't distinguish it using the interact type either. As far as I can tell examining the dialog optionTypes is the only way.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
But as you iterate all chatter options, and the bank comes before the guild store option, you could easily check inside the iteration with something like if CHATTER_START_BANK then break end?
Yes you could do an early return or break. In my code I did not because...well that probably would have been better, but there are only going to be 3 dialog options to loop through. I didn't think it was really a big deal to do an early return.
08/18/15, 07:15 PM   #13
Scarr
Looks like my request has drawn some interest!

Just let me know what addon to download, in order to get it, once it's ready!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Auto Advance Guild Vendor Chat to get to Sales Window