06/10/16, 02:17 AM   #1
ikolloki
real power level

Hello!

I think everyone agrees that the level of champion is not representative of the power of a character .. which is representative is his stuff! Is it possible to add the level of stuff people? a simple average of stuffs that we have to see the power of each? it would be convenient to a particular instance. recruit one according to the level of stuff.

(sorry for my english)
06/10/16, 04:32 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, but in the same fashion, the level of equipment doesn't tell you much either. The "real power level" is not something that can be measured in one number.
There are several things that play into how well a player does in endgame content:
  • champion points
  • equipment
  • skill setup
  • compatibility with other players
  • knowledge of the content
  • player experience
All of these combined will decide if a player will be helpful or just a dead weight in a dungeon, so just pressing the power level into one number that barely represents the state of the equipment is not really useful to anyone.
For example a player can have 501CP, end game equipment and the perfect skill setup, but if they have no experience playing with that character, they will be absolutely useless in a dungeon.
Besides, even if we do generate a number, you somehow have transport it form playerA to playerB - most likely via chat - and you cannot prevent a player from manipulating it before sending it.
06/10/16, 05:57 AM   #3
Ayantir

You can download superstar and give me a formula. the parameters are displayed on 1st tab. good luck.
06/10/16, 07:10 AM   #4
ikolloki
I agree with

champion points
equipment
skill setup
compatibility with other players
knowledge of the content
player experience

But, 3 last can't be caluculate by a mod
I dont care what spell player choose..
So the last interesting thing is the stuff level ^^

Possible or not?
06/10/16, 07:11 AM   #5
Ayantir

total Waste Of Time
06/10/16, 07:33 AM   #6
ikolloki
stuff level isn't important? ^^ I played "the division" where we dont care about the level of player, it's the stuff who make the power
06/10/16, 07:52 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

It's not that easy. You can have all max level items, but it really depends on what sets are in use and some sets are not available in max level, but still very good. It also wouldn't be enough to just say the player has only set items equipped so he is fine, because they could just have 1 piece of 10 different sets and not get any bonus at all. You would need to know exactly how the items fit into the build, because different builds require different set items. There would also be different enchantments and traits that would need to be accounted for, but some weapons are no set items but have unique enchantments, but weapon enchantments would not matter when poisons are active...

I hope you see it is simply not that interesting a number to know the average equipment level and doing a proper assessment of the equipment is just as hard as it can get.
There are more interesting parameters like damage output, healing done, one-shot resistance, but they also do not really matter because it always depends on the final group composition.
06/10/16, 08:00 AM   #8
Ayantir

1) It's Ubisoft themselves who did it. With payed devs.
2) It comes after 6 months of game ? ESO has 2 years. We first spoken in levels, then in VR, now in CP
3) In division (and generally in other games) GearScore is : baseLevel * levelMultiplicator + quality * qualityMultiplicator + tierLevel

On TESO we don't have "tiers".

So, if you want to keep only the formula, you don't need a GearScore, it's can be calculated only by looking at your stuff. CP 160.. purple.. few gold. ok "average, mid, pretty good, very good, perfect". It's a 10 second for an human eye/brain to detect gear score.

If you want the last parameter, it's an utopy in eso.

We have HUNDREDS of sets

Trying to order those sets by importance is clearly impossible.
Gear score of a set is clearly linked to the WHOLE gear, AND the stats, AND the skills AND the class AND other things (written in my addon previously mentionned!)

So as previously said, it's a waste of time
06/10/16, 12:22 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Damn, it's a game! With REAL human beings! Just try to TALK to each other and ASK if they know the content, which equipment they use, etc.
Sometimes you'll make new friends.

But with this kind of "reduce humans to a number" you act like global acting concerns that reduce their humans to a number

Try to enjoy the game instead of filtering humans by their equipment level...
06/13/16, 03:06 AM   #10
ikolloki
haha you are so funny x)

so what if you can not do it! ^^
06/13/16, 06:20 AM   #11
QuadroTony
Banned
useless idea imo
you can try waste your time, learn lua and write an addon yourself
06/16/16, 08:53 AM   #12
Baertram