04/27/14, 04:40 PM   #1
saviornt
AddOn Request: RiftUI / RiftComplete

Does anyone have an Oculus Rift? The game looks pretty good with the HMD; except, for the UI. Unfortunately, my coding skills are way to beginnerish to even begin something like this, so here I am, requesting it for all of the LUA-gods out there.

Features:

- Rework the player's health, mana, and stamina bars so that it uses the dragon O pattern that ESO uses for loading screens. Have it surround the crosshair.

- Enemy mob health / data should be centered on the mob's vertical axis, and centered on the player camera's horizontal axis

- The directional hit icon should be moved inwards

- Skill bar should be moved upwards and "away" from the player camera

This would make using the Rift 100% more enjoyable to say the least. Now, here comes the hard request / 2nd part, RiftComplete Addon, but first, a question. Is it possible to perform C++ / C# calls from LUA to natively incorporate both controller support and a Text2Speech / Speech2Text support? Also, if it is possible to perform C++/C# calls in LUA, then it should stand to reason that you could also call the necessary functions from the Rift SDK. This way, the player does not have unnecessary resources / overhead by using 3rd party softwares.

So, if the calls are supported, then something that I would like to see, and would also throw money at the screen:

- Xbox controller support via Addon Utility (Dunno any reference sites)
--- Controller support

- Dragon API support (http://www.nuance.com/for-developers/dragon/index.htm)
--- Text2Speech / Speech2Text API; this would all but replace the in game chat box.

- Rift "Native" support (https://developer.oculusvr.com/doc/)
--- VR HMD support

- AutoUpdate feature
--- Yea.

So, anyone up for the challenge?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » AddOn Request: RiftUI / RiftComplete