07/22/14, 06:14 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
What on earth is going on with Radar Mini Map?!?!

Well, what is going on is it would appear that the actual author's account may have been hacked. The (apparent) hacker uploaded a screwed up version of RMM. Since then, the (apparent) hacking of the account has become known to us. At that point, I went in and put a temporary (note, temporary) ban on the account until we can get it sorted out. I wanted to prevent the person from doing any more damage than has already been done. I have also re-uploaded a previous (legit) version of the addon, again, until we can get this whole mess sorted out.

If you downloaded RMM v0.5, you have the messed up version. Re-download the version I just put up on the site, 0.463a. If you had not yet updated to v0.5, then you are fine and you don't need to download either of the updates posted thus far today (the hackers, v0.5 and then mine, v0.463a).

Sorry for the confusion, we hope to have this sorted out asap.
07/22/14, 08:21 AM   #2
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I cross posted it on the main Forum, with a proper low level explanation:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...mini-map?new=1

Could I ask how exactly it was "messed up"?
Was it just not working? Was it trying to do stuff like sending spam/personal information? Crashing/locking up the client?

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » What on earth is going on with Radar Mini Map?!?!