03/01/14, 11:57 PM   #1
Krik
Ad refresh is adding pages to my browsing history

Been using the forums the last few days and there is something seriously wrong, and I say that as web developer. I am working on mods so I may sit on one page for hours, while I write code and test, and then come back and do some more looking around. I quickly realized I had to the repeatedly hit the "Back" button in my browser, at first it was just irritating, but now I see what is going on. Every time your adds refresh it adds a page to the browsing history. I would think you would just use "XMLHttpRequest" in javascript to retrieve the image and link and place them in correct element, without adding things to my browsing history.

I should be able to use the back button without any hassle and the reason I can't is very poor programing techniques. I guess if its the code from AdChoices, get them to fix it but I am fairly certain I have used other sites that use AdChoices and had no issue. Even as I sit typing this 8 pages have loaded into my browsing history, how many times do I have to hit the back button to get back to where I was? Yes I could use the breadcrumb links at the top, but you know why I like the back button more, because it is always there and I don't have to figure out where its at. Breadcrumb links are only ever used in about half the web site I frequent, so the back button is way more reliable, at least until some bad programer goes and hijacks it.
03/02/14, 12:03 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks I'll forward this on to our ad people at ZAM. Hopefully they will correct it soon as it's unacceptable.

Sorry for the trouble.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Ad refresh is adding pages to my browsing history