02/22/15, 10:25 AM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Assert KeybindStrip Bug

I was trying to track down a bug someone posted that I thought could possibly be caused by JunkIt, but now I'm not so sure. I found this bug that I am able to reproduce every try without any addons running.

So I prehooked the AddKeybindButton to see what it was doing, which button was causing the error (which button was failing to be removed):

It changes everytime, its not always the same button. Here it looks like its trying to add a keybind for UI_SHORTCUT_TERTIARY, but it already exists:

From reports it was very random, although I did managed to figure out a way to reproduce it.
WITHOUT ANY ADDONS: I was able to reproduce this every time with the following method:

The stack traceback for the error I reproduced is not the same as the reports I saw, but I think its the same problem. There is probably just more than one way to reproduce it.
Reports:

Since I can reproduce a very similar error (just a different stack traceback) without any addons I'm guessing its the same bug in the game. Before I waste any more time looking into this I thought I'de ask, what do you think?

Last edited by circonian : 02/22/15 at 11:06 AM.
02/22/15, 10:58 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

Tried to reproduce it, but it does not happen every time for me and it only works when I end up on equipment, does not seem to occur with crafting mats and others.
Most reliable way to get the error was when I press the inventory key and mail key in quick succession while moving the mouse between items.
02/22/15, 11:02 AM   #3
Ayantir

Tried to reproduce it, but it does not happen every time for me and it only works when I end up on equipment, does not seem to occur with crafting mats and others.
Most reliable way to get the error was when I press the inventory key and mail key in quick succession while moving the mouse between items.
I got few assertions also when switching between I > Mail and Craft > Mail also but I was not able to determine if it was me or the game itself, due to strong reworks on my addons too and my newbieness in Keybindings

(Happens very randomly, maybe when i'm too quick).
02/22/15, 11:04 AM   #4
circonian
Yeah moving the mouse around different items that have different kebyindStrip buttons like: Use, Repair, Equip, Enchant, exc... when you open or change inventory windows makes it "try" to add/remove the buttons to fast & it seems like it can't keep up.

Last edited by circonian : 02/22/15 at 11:12 AM.
02/22/15, 11:28 AM   #5
merlight
Tried your steps on the PTS with and without any add-ons and got the error several times, not always but often.
Still had more "luck" reproducing it my way.

OT: why the hell does this forum insist on showing embedded video when I want to post a link to youtube?
02/22/15, 01:14 PM   #6
circonian
Ah, I didn't see that post. Good to know its not just me.
02/22/15, 08:08 PM   #7
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Question

Another one, This happens at the bank.

2015-02-22T21:08:09.011-05:00 |cff0000Lua Error: assertion failed
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:97: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:205: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_SceneFragmentBar.lua:86: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_MenuBar.lua:256: in function 'MenuBarButton:Release'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_MenuBar.lua:471: in function 'MenuBar:SelectDescriptor'
(tail call): ?
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_SceneFragmentBar.lua:17: in function 'ZO_SceneFragmentBar:SelectFragment'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1409: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:86: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'|r
02/23/15, 10:25 AM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
This sounds like it could be a bug in the game code. I'll take a shot a reproing it here.
02/23/15, 12:20 PM   #9
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
It is a bug with mail. I have a fix in the works.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Assert KeybindStrip Bug