05/02/14, 06:12 PM   #1
gamegenius86

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Translation Help (FR and DE)

Hi,

I am trying to internationalize my add-on by adding translation for all of the written text within it. I have a file (link below) with all of the text written out that needs to be translated from EN to FR. I would greatly appreciate any help with this! Thank You!

http://pastebin.com/TQHWCnsc

Update: German Translated!

Last edited by gamegenius86 : 05/02/14 at 07:26 PM.
05/02/14, 07:11 PM   #2
shudaoxin

German version
05/02/14, 07:26 PM   #3
gamegenius86

Good lord, some of those words... geez. lol Thanks!
05/02/14, 08:15 PM   #4
shudaoxin

Tried to be as native as possible. If its too long or you need abbreviations, let me know.
05/02/14, 08:24 PM   #5
Tonyleila

Damn I was 1/2 done then you posted it >_<
What you think about correcting this:
removed and posted below..
Code:
GGF.locale['Setting_Reset_Warning']     = 'Caution: By resetting to the defaults you will lose all custom configuration you've setup.  Please make sure this is what you want to do before clicking the button below.'
Will this even work with the ' at the start and the you've ? Why do you the start with ".." always then '..'. Don't know anything about it so woud be nice to know^^

Last edited by Tonyleila : 05/02/14 at 09:19 PM.
05/02/14, 08:25 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Will this even work with the ' at the start and the you've ? Why do you the start with ".." always then '..'. Don't know anything about it so woud be nice to know^^
No, that would not work.

/edit: As you can see, the second ' ends the string.
lua Code:
  1. GGF.locale['Setting_Reset_Warning']     = 'Caution: By resetting to the defaults you will lose all custom configuration you've setup.  Please make sure this is what you want to do before clicking the button below.'
05/02/14, 09:00 PM   #7
Tonyleila

I've done some more corrections:
http://pastebin.com/a2wcP9Xk

We coud discuss what is better "Raid" is a known word for German MMO players and "Große Gruppen" are just "Big Groups". I coud now ask how big are big groups? 4 players? No? Then its a Raidgroup or not? So I canged it now to "Schlachtzugsfenster" that shoud be the right german word.

Original:
GGF.locale['Setting_Group'] = 'Group Frame'
GGF.locale['Setting_Raid'] = 'Raid Frame'
German 1
GGF.locale['Setting_Group'] = "Gruppenfenster"
GGF.locale['Setting_Raid'] = "Schlachtzugsfenster"
German 2
GGF.locale['Setting_Group'] = 'Gruppe'
GGF.locale['Setting_Raid'] = 'Große Gruppen'
Also corrected some ther things:
  • "Sperren" is a better word for "Lock" then "Befestigen". "Befestigen" woud be "attach"
  • "Char.-Informationen" did not like the shorting of Charakter. "informationen" is a better word to shorten so "Charakterinfo"
  • "Erfahrungspunktleiste" its not a bar with points in it so "Erfahrungsleiste" shoud be enoth.
  • I woud translate "Frame" with "Fenster" .. its hard to translate but "Rahmen" is more like a "border", how woud you translate border later if he adds one?
  • "Font" is just "Schrift" and "Schriftstil" is not a German word and "Schriftschnitt" is more like "Text decorations" but "Schriftart" is the same as "Font Style" or "typeface"

Last edited by Tonyleila : 05/02/14 at 09:55 PM.
05/02/14, 09:23 PM   #8
gamegenius86

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
No, that would not work.

/edit: As you can see, the second ' ends the string.
lua Code:
  1. GGF.locale['Setting_Reset_Warning']     = 'Caution: By resetting to the defaults you will lose all custom configuration you've setup.  Please make sure this is what you want to do before clicking the button below.'
Actually it will (and does) because i am escaping the ' inside. (From the real version in my paste)

lua Code:
  1. GGF.locale['Setting_Reset_Warning']     = 'Caution: By resetting to the defaults you will lose all custom configuration you\'ve setup.  Please make sure this is what you want to do before clicking the button below.'

Last edited by gamegenius86 : 05/02/14 at 09:28 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Translation Help » Translation Help (FR and DE)