Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01/07/16, 07:49 PM   #1
dominoid
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help Appending To In-Game Quest List

I really know it's going to be something dumb. I'm looking to add to the existing in-game quest list on the journal page.

From Wyykyd's Quest Tracker, I can use

Code:
local allQuests, allCategories, seenCategories = QUEST_JOURNAL_MANAGER:GetQuestListData()
to actually get all the quests and tree structure information. I thought I could hook or overload (I'm not sure the difference) QUEST_JOURNAL_MANAGER:GetQuestListData(), but unless I'm just missing it, the in-game journal doesn't seem to fire QUEST_JOURNAL_MANAGER:GetQuestListData() in the creation of the list. Perhaps it's firing before my add-on is loaded? But I could add to allQuests if I can get it to hook properly right?

Is this not the best way to do this? Should I be using a different method? Any help you can provide is appreciated. Also any hints or tidbits on the next steps, of getting my added quest to cycle when "T" is pressed or provide additional information in the journal panel when it's active or clicked would be appreciated as I am sure that will be my next stumbling block. ;-)

For those interested, I'm trying to build this. I got the questing logic and stuff worked out and functioning in an alpha state, but I'm trying to integrate most everything into the base UI to make it the best experience possible.

TIA

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Help Appending To In-Game Quest List