Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08/01/16, 06:38 AM   #1
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some addons - cheat? do you agreed with:

what you can say guys about this funny message?

The Add-on provides what is called a system break. In a system break you can insert your own lines of programming. There are passive and aggressive Add-ons. An example of a passive program is the one I was using to show me what attacks were happening to me. This will only effect my connection speed because it is only reporting what is happening to me. There are aggressive add-ons as well. One I use in PvE is the CraftStore add-on. What this does is provides a program break that allows me to enter a variable of how many items I wish to cook. The "program" not the "player" then takes over by supplying the "pressing of the E button" so I don't have to. This means the program is working as a player interface selecting a variable so I do not have to. If you use an Add-on that is selecting lets say 1 through 5 and R you are using an aggressive add-on that can lag the game for other players in the game. Because the "program" not "you" is selecting that variable over and over and over. It is the difference between pressing the number 1 and holding down the number 111111111111111111. The system has a vast number of checks that it is doing each time a combat key is pressed and if you have a program spamming those numbers you are in fact crowding out all other processes in that area of effect and thus "CHEATING".
I have a degree in electronic engineering. I started programming in the 8th grade back in 1982. I have learned Assembly Language Programming, DOS, PASCAL, and BASIC all before the age of 19. So when I tell you that anytime you allow a system break in a program you are providing loopholes for abuse trust me I know what I am saying. I also am very familiar with "Scripting". Back in the day when all there was were TEXT based games I created scripts that allowed my characters to level while I was at work. Again I know what I am talking about.

Last edited by QuadroTony : 08/01/16 at 06:44 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Some addons - cheat? do you agreed with: