Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07/06/21, 09:28 PM   #1
taugrim
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to get a PreHook or PostHook to work?

So I have a simple problem I'd like to solve.

When in Battlegrounds, I'd like the scoreboard to show both the account name and the character name, not just one or the other.

So a player would show up in the scoreboard as:
@someplayer (Some Character)

The battleground LUA code (https://esoapi.uesp.net/100035/src/i...board.lua.html) contains the following:
Code:
function Battleground_Scoreboard_Player_Row:UpdateRow()
    local data = self.data
    local primaryName = ZO_GetPrimaryPlayerName(data.displayName, data.characterName)
    local formattedName = zo_strformat(SI_PLAYER_NAME, primaryName)
That ZO_GetPrimaryPlayerName returns either the account name or the character name. That function is used in a lot of places, so I don't want to hook that.

If I wanted to just hook the Battleground_Scoreboard_Player_Row:UpdateRow function so that I could replace the call to ZO_GetPrimaryPlayerName with my own function, how do I do that?

Specifically, what I'm unclear on is in my function that is called, how do I have access to the data that the real Battleground_Scoreboard_Player_Row:UpdateRow function has? Because my function would replace that call to ZO_GetPrimaryPlayerName with my own code.

I hope this makes sense. This is opaque as there isn't much documentation.

Thanks.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to get a PreHook or PostHook to work?