Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05/11/14, 01:27 AM   #1
CatoTheElder
Hello?

Not sure where to say Hi, I suppose this works as well as anywhere.

I'm an IT Engineer, meaning I've done a lot of studying and working in software development. I've worked extensively with more languages than I can count off hand. My proudest moment was finishing a linux kernel module, and file system driver, to work with the filesystem I wrote. I'm currently studying Philosophy in Uni, to help understand humans better, to assist with my pet projects of AIRD (Artificial Intelligence Research & Development).

So, to sum up. I'm really good at logic programming, import/export, databases, efficiency optimization etc.
Pretty bad at GUI stuff. I only have a GUI on my Desktop for games.

I'm usually rather grouchy, because I've talked to thousands of script kiddies who think they're king ****, yet can't explain a rather simple optimization technique such as passing by reference, as opposed to by value, or things like bitwise operations and bit shifting. I've grown impatient and short tempered over the years of frustration.

I couldn't find the full API available on your site, despite elderscrollsonline.com saying it was hosted here, so I ripped through what is available in your wiki, as well as various addons. At this point, I'm still missing some info, but I'm fairly confident.

Please feel free to drop me a message if you would like a hand, have too much on your plate, or just some great ideas.

Cheers!
Cato

P.S. I'm not sure who the site admin is, but please, please, please, update that terrible "myFirstApp" tutorial. I'll write a far better one, if you will replace it.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Hello?