07/24/15, 07:16 PM   #1
kerb9729
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Next project

I think for my next project, I am going to make it so that group members appear first in my ZO_Scrolllist.
It seems like I should be able to do that by modifying the sort list keys.

My idea is that I add a group membership column to my listdata (though that column of the table won't be displayed displayed as a column in the scrolllist.) I think i should be able to add it to my sort keys. Then I'm hoping I can sort on group members first and then sort on name or zone, whichever of those headers were clicked.

Am I nuts? Or does this sound feasible?

Although, I'm not sure that's the best way to go. Perhaps I should just create a 2nd scrolllist?
Kinda on the fence about which would be proper.
07/24/15, 08:23 PM   #2
merlight
Should be feasible by just overriding the comparison function. I'll leave isInGroup implementation to yourself

Lua Code:
  1. local function overrideSortFunction(self, sortKeys)
  2.     function self.sortFunction(listEntry1, listEntry2)
  3.         local data1 = listEntry1.data
  4.         local data2 = listEntry2.data
  5.         if isInGroup(data1) then
  6.             if not isInGroup(data2) then
  7.                 return true -- 1 (group member) comes before 2 (non-member)
  8.             end
  9.         else
  10.             if isInGroup(data2) then
  11.                 return false -- 1 (non-member) comes after 2 (group member)
  12.             end
  13.         end
  14.         -- both members or both non-members, break the tie using the usual column sorting rules
  15.         return ZO_TableOrderingFunction(data1, data2, self.currentSortKey, sortKeys, self.currentSortOrder)
  16.     end
  17.     self:RefreshSort()
  18. end
  20. overrideSortFunction(GUILD_ROSTER_KEYBOARD, GUILD_ROSTER_ENTRY_SORT_KEYS)
  21. overrideSortFunction(FRIENDS_LIST, FRIENDS_LIST_ENTRY_SORT_KEYS)

Last edited by merlight : 07/24/15 at 08:25 PM.
07/25/15, 02:00 PM   #3
kerb9729
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
Should be feasible by just overriding the comparison function. I'll leave isInGroup implementation to yourself

Lua Code:
  1. local function overrideSortFunction(self, sortKeys)
  2.     function self.sortFunction(listEntry1, listEntry2)
  3.         local data1 = listEntry1.data
  4.         local data2 = listEntry2.data
  5.         if isInGroup(data1) then
  6.             if not isInGroup(data2) then
  7.                 return true -- 1 (group member) comes before 2 (non-member)
  8.             end
  9.         else
  10.             if isInGroup(data2) then
  11.                 return false -- 1 (non-member) comes after 2 (group member)
  12.             end
  13.         end
  14.         -- both members or both non-members, break the tie using the usual column sorting rules
  15.         return ZO_TableOrderingFunction(data1, data2, self.currentSortKey, sortKeys, self.currentSortOrder)
  16.     end
  17.     self:RefreshSort()
  18. end
  20. overrideSortFunction(GUILD_ROSTER_KEYBOARD, GUILD_ROSTER_ENTRY_SORT_KEYS)
  21. overrideSortFunction(FRIENDS_LIST, FRIENDS_LIST_ENTRY_SORT_KEYS)
Oh I like this method much better than my idea. This doesn't require adding anything to the table.
07/26/15, 12:31 AM   #4
kerb9729
Your code was to sort groupmembers first in the friend and guild roster, right?
But that wasn't exactly what I wanted. I needed them sorted first in my own little scrolllist.

Thanks to your help I was able to modify the sort function for the SortHeader group:

Lua Code:
  1. GOTO_PANE.sortHeaders = ZO_SortHeaderGroup:New(GOTO_PANE:GetNamedChild("Headers"), SHOW_ARROWS)
  2.     GOTO_PANE.sortHeaders:RegisterCallback(ZO_SortHeaderGroup.HEADER_CLICKED,
  3.         function(key, order)
  4.             table.sort(
  5.                 ZO_ScrollList_GetDataList(GOTO_PANE.ScrollList),
  6.                 function(entry1, entry2)
  7.                     if isInGroup(entry1.data.playerName) then
  8.                         if not isInGroup(entry2.data.playerName) then
  9.                             return true -- 1 (group member) comes before 2 (non-member)
  10.                         end
  11.                     else
  12.                         if isInGroup(entry2.data.playerName) then
  13.                             return false -- 1 (non-member) comes after 2 (group member)
  14.                         end
  15.                     end
  16.                     -- both members or both non-members, break the tie using the usual column sorting rules
  17.                     return ZO_TableOrderingFunction(entry1.data, entry2.data, key, GOTO_SCROLLLIST_SORT_KEYS, order)
  18.                 end)
  19.             ZO_ScrollList_Commit(GOTO_PANE.ScrollList)
  20.         end)
  21.     GOTO_PANE.sortHeaders:AddHeadersFromContainer()

I found that the default sort value set in ZO_SortHeader_Initialize did not seem to be applied (initally, the table displayed unsorted.) Here is the init call:
ZO_SortHeader_Initialize(GOTO_PANE.Headers.Name, "Name", "playerName", ZO_SORT_ORDER_UP, TEXT_ALIGN_LEFT, "ZoFontGameLargeBold")

A call to GOTO_PANE.sortHeaders:SelectHeaderByKey("playerName") after I populate the data seems to resolve that issue, but I wonder if I made an error in Sortheader_Initialize, or if there's a bug.
07/26/15, 04:04 AM   #5
merlight
Originally Posted by kerb9729 View Post
I found that the default sort value set in ZO_SortHeader_Initialize did not seem to be applied (initally, the table displayed unsorted.) Here is the init call:
ZO_SortHeader_Initialize(GOTO_PANE.Headers.Name, "Name", "playerName", ZO_SORT_ORDER_UP, TEXT_ALIGN_LEFT, "ZoFontGameLargeBold")

A call to GOTO_PANE.sortHeaders:SelectHeaderByKey("playerName") after I populate the data seems to resolve that issue, but I wonder if I made an error in Sortheader_Initialize, or if there's a bug.
That's intended. ZO_SortHeader_Initialize(...) intializes the given header, if you had 5 column headers you'd call ZO_SortHeader_Initialize(...) for each of them, setting up their sort key name and default sort direction.

The call to SelectHeader/SelectHeaderByKey sets which of those headers is "active" (decides ordering).
07/26/15, 09:44 AM   #6
kerb9729
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
That's intended. ZO_SortHeader_Initialize(...) intializes the given header, if you had 5 column headers you'd call ZO_SortHeader_Initialize(...) for each of them, setting up their sort key name and default sort direction.

The call to SelectHeader/SelectHeaderByKey sets which of those headers is "active" (decides ordering).
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Next project