01/28/24, 07:07 PM   #1
sinnereso
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kelinmiriel View Post
I was working last year on a library addon that utilized these two functions:
Code:
GetGuildName(guildnum)
GetGuildRecruitmentMessageAttribute(guildnum)
Both of these worked perfectly when I started working on it, but now they return an empty string unless called by a guild member.

I can't see any reason why a guild name or its recruitment message should be hidden. That was public information until a few months ago. Is there any reason why it's not now?

I would really appreciate it if these could be restored to their previous functionality, and the library would be very useful to myself and others. Thank you!
I'm no expert but I dont see how that was ever possible. That function requires a guildID which you can only get from your own personal guild index.
01/28/24, 08:39 PM   #2
Kelinmiriel
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sinnereso View Post
I'm no expert but I dont see how that was ever possible. That function requires a guildID which you can only get from your own personal guild index.
You can get the guild ID easily from any guild finder link. Also, the guilds I want to use info from are my own (one on NA, and one on EU), so I don't have any problem there. I just want it to be seen by my addon regardless of who's running it, or it's useless, except with Dolgubon's workaround. (In this case, anyway - there are other potential applications as well.)

Last edited by Kelinmiriel : 02/01/24 at 04:35 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Please restore public guild info functions