04/22/14, 09:27 AM   #1
BL!NK
Favorite addons

I personally think it would be cool if the number of people who have favored addons was shown more prominently and that you could sort searches by this.

For 2 reasons:

1. It helps people looking for quality addons as number of downloads does not always = quality

2. It allows the users to give credit where credit is due and it's a nice way to show thanks to developers who make something awesome.

It would be cool if there was some sort of prestige awarded to addons who accumulate alot of favorites.

I also think this would help to spur on development and get more people involved as people like to compete for the top spots and that kinda of thing.

I know there's a top favorite list but i had to look for it just to find it.

anyways just a thought it's done in a lot of other communities maybe it doesn't fit here i donno.

Last edited by BL!NK : 04/22/14 at 02:44 PM.
04/22/14, 09:40 AM   #2
Iyanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by BL!NK View Post
I personally think it would be cool if the number of people who have favored addons was shown more prominently and that you could sort searches by this.

For 2 reasons:

1. It helps people looking for quality addons as number of downloads does not always = quality
I favorite addons where I'm waiting for an update because it does not work properly right now.
04/22/14, 02:43 PM   #3
BL!NK
Originally Posted by Iyanga View Post
I favorite addons where I'm waiting for an update because it does not work properly right now.
Well... maybe a different rating system or something... I wasn't actually sure if it was intended to be used as a rating system or not.... but if not then i guess my suggestion is to add a rating system.
04/22/14, 03:09 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey BL!NK,

We used to have a 'rating' system before on some of our other sites and we've chosen discontinue the practice. There are just way too many problems created by them. From people 'gaming the system', to people having their feelings hurt, to some people thinking they are "God's Gift to AddOns", to ... We just feel that it isn't actually all that beneficial to the community. You are correct that the number of downloads doesn't always reflect a good quality addon, however it along with the favourites lists do tend to be a not unreasonable indicator.

We're always open to suggestions, and discussions about those suggestions, though.

[Edit] Also, no, the favourites list has nothing to do with a rating system. It is a way for you to keep track of your favourite addons so you can get notifications whenever one of them is updated.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Favorite addons