03/14/14, 01:00 PM   #101
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Love seeing a long time geek on the sites.

Welcome!
03/17/14, 09:18 AM   #102
WrinkleStiltskin

Um, is this thing on? ... Hello World!

/wave all, my name is.. well you'll have to guess it, but even then I won't tell you if you are correct <grin>, I know the security factors, but I still feel better with a little added anonymity. Am I right Mac users? <crickets> I've been perusing the site for a few days, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to offer as help, but I know there is much I can learn here. Not sure if my addon(s) will ever make it out of my lab. I have a BS in software engineering, but have never used, much less, written an addon despite playing MMOs fervently for about 13 years now. I don't want to step on toes, but in my game experience any additional software was breech of ToS and a ban-able offense. In general, most of it was fairly harmless like cooldown timer displays and damage parsers, but bots... really? Do you want to play a game so bad, and hate it at the same time enough to make a computer do the heavy lifting? So anyway, after a looong run of fun in my last MMO I found myself grouped with a bunch of bot script kiddys and as a purest I was put off. Also a game that is no longer challenging is rarely fun. I'm mainly here for the experience of how to get rolling in this interesting arm of software development, and to tweak some minor display stuff to better suit my play style.
03/17/14, 01:06 PM   #103
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Welcome to the site WrinkleStiltskin.
03/19/14, 07:07 PM   #104
Taiisien

Hello World

Hey guys, I am very happy to see so many names I recognize from previous Cairenn and Dolby sites. For those that have never met me, I have been hanging around the communities and games since 02 and EQ. Man those were the days, been making addons the whole time mostly for myself as I have never been a programmer (subtly read Mechanic in the Navy) and never thought my addons were up to snuff. Hoping to actually learn lua and this api this time and give back to the community that has given so much to me.

Lastly I want to say Thank You to Cairenn and Dolby for the wonderful communities they create, inspire, develop and allow to grow.
03/19/14, 07:20 PM   #105
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*snuggles Taiisien*
03/25/14, 03:19 PM   #106
Demendred

Hello everyone, it is a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Demendred, and I played FFXI, XIV, WOW, Wyvern, Flyff, ect. I like to think of myself as someone who respects his fellow player, and will always be willing to help with whatever info I have gained in ESO. I can't wait for sunday, and I will be in the Aldmeri Domion. Will be rocking Khajiits for the most part. I look forward to meeting all of you who will be in A.D.

I also enjoy post apocalyptic games/stories. Currently playing the Wasteland 2 beta. Good stuff.

Last edited by Demendred : 03/25/14 at 03:26 PM.
03/25/14, 04:23 PM   #107
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Good to meet you Demendred.
03/27/14, 05:37 PM   #108
antique67

Cool

I am indeed, an OLD gamer... Try D&D when the first book came out! WoW for over 6 years...<chuckle> My children have all taken after these ways of having fun and now three grandbabies follow in Grandpa's ways... I hope to help any who need it and offer what ever piece of tid-bits I may come across. And yes, I am Dragon Born <snicker>.
03/27/14, 05:40 PM   #109
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hehehehe. Welcome to the site, antique67.
03/28/14, 01:53 PM   #110
Eldartar

Hello

Hello to everyone, I am new to this sort of game (my 'thing' as you would say is Flight Simulators) and looking forward to a good launch and finding my way around during Early Access. I am very happy to be a small part of this community and look forward to making new friends along the way.

This is a whole new world to me and I am just so excited to be a part of it. I will be rolling with a Sorcerer focusing on Magicka/Destruction Staff/Light Armour and am excited to see where this leads me.....

Great Site and people here look forward to seeing some of you in game.

Did I mention I'm 53 years young! lol
03/28/14, 02:50 PM   #111
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Eldartar, nice to meet you.
03/28/14, 03:30 PM   #112
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I guess I can finally introduce myself.

Gamer my whole life, MMO player since discovering Nexus TK: The Kingdom of the Winds and discovered EQ soon after that. Quit WoW at least once during each expansion (including Vanilla) and played dozens of random big-name and no-name MMOs over the time.

25 year old automated test developer (blegh) with aspirations of game development. I unfortunately didn't discover computer science until dropping out of art 2 years into college, so I'm a bit late to the add-on development community. However, I am having a blast with what I've seen so far and can't wait to dive in even deeper on Sunday.
03/28/14, 04:37 PM   #113
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey ingeniousclown.
04/07/14, 02:54 PM   #114
pjt15253
Spam Warrior

Premium Member
Hi everyone! Suppose I should've said hi here before posting an addon, eh? I'm Paul, and I write code for a living as well as a hobby. Been an Elder Scrolls fan only since Oblivion, and was quite skeptical about the feasibility of a Elder Scrolls mmo - glad to say I am quite pleasantly surprised!
04/07/14, 04:18 PM   #115
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Posting here isn't a prerequisite for uploading an addon, so no worries. Welcome, Paul.
04/07/14, 07:41 PM   #116
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
What she said.
04/16/14, 04:16 PM   #117
stjobe

Hello everyone,

I'm stjobe, and I've been coding since forever it seems at times; learned to code BASIC on a Sinclair ZX-80, and then Z80 assembler on a ZX-81 and ZX Spectrum way back in the dark ages of computers - the early 80's. I've been a Unix sysadmin, teacher (taught a two-year sysadmin class for five years, and many many other IT-related classes), and of course I'm a professional software developer (mainly in Perl, Java, C#, and X++, and mainly server-side code).

I've played online games since back in the MUD days but didn't get into the newfangled "they're just graphical MUDs" MMOs until vanilla WoW. After that though, it's been one MMO after the other (and often two or three at the same time). I did my first Lua coding for a long-forgotten WoW addon, did some more for a couple of addons for the now closed Warhammer Online, and finally I've ended up here.

I've always been a fan of the *UI sites, and it was a rather easy choice for me when deciding on where to host my first ESO addon, Stow It - Auto Sheather. That one was just an itch I needed to scratch - I'm sure you fellow devs know how nothing helps an itch like that but to scratch it

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to have fun with such an illustrious lot as you all!
04/21/14, 06:22 PM   #118
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi stjobe! Great to see you here.

(Sorry for the delayed greeting, been sick.)
05/07/14, 12:58 PM   #119
stonehold

Talking My first MMORPG .... and luvin the frakk out of it!

Hi all!

I had a ColecoVision console when I was about eight-years-old. After approximately two months, I decided to take it apart to see how it worked and MAYBE improve it (don't ask what happened next). In other words, modding and tweaking are in my blood.

Been playing games all my life, with RPG's at the center. Ahhh .... I still remember the long-lost days of AD&D 2nd Edition (mmmmm ... THAC0!) This is, however, my first real leap into MMORPG's, not including my 1-month love affair with 'Rift'. However, Oblivion and Skyrim were the total bomb, and being able to tweak the living frakk out of 'em was almost more fun than actually playing the games! (btw -- I'm not kidding there). The 'nexusmods' website became a sacred place for me, my very own Holy of Holies, but now with TESO I think I may have found a new religion. We'll see .....

So, that's my quickie intro. I just reached level 11, so I started a guild -- even though I have no clue how to use it -- and am eager to meet any of you in the Tamriel 'verse. My username is 'stonehold' (shocker, I know) and the current character I'm playing is a Bosmer archer named 'Zoltan Deschain' .... only because 'Roland Deschain' was already taken. Cheers!

With shivering eagerness,
Ken
05/07/14, 01:00 PM   #120
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Welcome to the site stonehold.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!