02/08/20, 02:01 AM   #1
Rondaria
Lorebooks and DPS

Hi,
i got a Problem with the Addon Lorebooks!
I installed it, it shows in the minion program but it doesn't show in ESO when i am logged in... And it doesn't show me the boos either....
The same is with Hodor Reflexes...

I installed the other programs needet too!! But when i log in, in the Charakter Menu it is shown that some of them are "too old", but the Minion prog. doesn't show me that i can update any of them...

The MM Addon works, even when the game says its too old... and the other addons were shown too...

WTF could i do to let it work...???

Best Regards,
Spricht-mit-Ahnen

Last edited by Rondaria : 02/08/20 at 02:19 AM.
02/08/20, 03:42 AM   #2
Maelynn
Addons are marked 'out of date' if they don't have the most recent API number listed. The addon itself will function perfectly fine in most of the cases, so it's fine to use them - simply ticking the box 'load out of date addons' will make them work.

If you already had that box ticked, then make sure the necessary files are all in the correct folder. Minion can sometimes get it wrong and put them elsewhere.
02/08/20, 06:48 AM   #3
Rondaria
Hi Maelynn,

"simply ticking the box 'load out of date addons' will make them work."
I did this, and it doesn't work. I know the programm and the likes from WoW, i always click the box... but it diesn't work....
Same with my MM i saw before, it doesn't show me some of the datas of a few Items, and my Guild Mates could use it fine...

I don't know where the Problem is here... I uninstalled/deletet all of the addons and reinstalled them too... even tried to install it manual (from website) and with the Minion program and there is no difference.
02/08/20, 09:57 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1st: Are the addons shown inside your "ingame" addon manager (at character selection) properly?
-> Yes: Check if the dependencies of these addons are also installed (like LibAddonMenu-2.0 and others)
-> No: Several reasons could eb the problem. Allow your c:\users\your windows user\documents\elder scrolls online\live folder inside your Antivirus tool and inside windows defender.
Disable OneDrive or move your documents folder out of OneDrive.
Check the forums here for other reasons and search for "addons not shown" etc.

2nd: Do they show as outdated there
-> Yes: Enable the box "Allow out of date addons"

3rd: Install the addon "Votans Addon list". it will help you with the dependencies. If you enable an addon it will automatically enable the dependency as well.
The (i) icon's tooltip, if you move the mouse over it in the addon manager, will show you the missing dependencies.

4th: Check if the dependencies are all UPDATED and at the newest versions. Some addons not only specify a dependency but they tell the addon that they need the dependency at version >4.x e.g.

About "out of date":
This is just the game comparing a number inside the addon's txt file with the game's API version number. If the number in the txt file is below the games API number it says it is out of date. But it does not say anything about if the addons are still working or not.
There are addons which work since version 1 n 2014 but are out of date as noone ever increased the api number in it's txt file.
So if you enable the checkbox this will just skip the API version comparison check and that's all.
If addons do not work they will throw error messages ingame, simple.
02/09/20, 02:14 AM   #5
Rondaria
3rd: Install the addon "Votans Addon list". it will help you with the dependencies. If you enable an addon it will automatically enable the dependency as well.
The (i) icon's tooltip, if you move the mouse over it in the addon manager, will show you the missing dependencies.

This worked! Thank you!

I don't know until now if the DPS meter works too, but i can use the lorebooks now

Thanks
02/09/20, 07:38 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Without Votans Addn List you must expand the addons you see in your addon manager.
Below them you see the list of needed dependencies then and which one is not active/missing.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Lorebooks