02/05/20, 06:52 PM   #1
Brenhji
"Live" folder

Is there any way to change the directory of this folder? It keeps going to my one drive and I rather leave that service open. Anyways couldn't really find a straight forward answer or any fixes yet. Thanks in advance if you know solution or find one.
02/05/20, 08:05 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There isn't any simple way to do it. There's probably a way to rig it with redirects or registery editing, but I wouldn't recommend it.
02/06/20, 05:08 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Can't you just remove your documents folder from the OneDrive folder?
This will basically "not backup" your documents folder but every other OneDrive part can be used.

Or maybe use some kind of Symlink (Windows: Search for mklink) to connect your live folder to another folder outside of OneDrive. Not sure if this works with ESO but I think I heard that it will (e.g. users mklink-ing their folders so they can play with different accounts at the same time -> 2x eso started but each eso is accessing another directory instead of the same SavedVariables folder.

Edit:
I guess that is what Rhyono meant with "There isn't any simple way to do it" :-p
02/06/20, 12:01 PM   #4
Micke2nd
symlinks don't help here, because OneDrive is storing also these folders, what's correct in my opinion. So if "my documents" is monitored by OneDrive and there is a symlink inside, e.g. "Live", his target folder (and his content) will also be copied.

Maybe excludes possible in the OneDrive client ? If not, there are also alternative clients.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » "Live" folder