10/21/20, 08:29 PM   #1
akmatov
How can I get Minion to install Lib files?

Install your dependencies via Minion
You are able to use the Minion AddOn manager to install a dependency as dependencies are AddOns as well.
Just search for them in the tool and install them via the buttons in the tool.

I've tried and can not get Minion to install the Lib Dependencies. How can it be done?
10/21/20, 08:55 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no button or automatic feature to install a mod and all its libraries. Also older libraries and mods in the discontinued category will not show up. So simply don't use mods that are in that category. They are not guaranteed to work anyway. Other then that you use the same feature to install the lib as you do an addon.

Say you want to install Quest Map, so in the search box for installing you type that. Then you want to install LibQuestData, you type it and it should appear, click install.

I'm not at a computer so I can't get screen shots but it is fairly straightforward. There is something to click on for your list of installed mods, but to install more or search you have to click on something else. Without time to get a screen shot I can't explain it much better but if you open minion it should be obvious. Maybe you just haven't clicked on this to see what they do yet.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 10/22/20 at 11:02 PM.
10/22/20, 04:49 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Minion does not install dependencies automatically if you install an addon.
You just need to type the name of the addon/library/dependency and install it like Sharlikran described above.
It will download the zip, extract it to your live/AddOns folder then like any other addon.

e.g.

Code:
live/AddOns/AwesomeGuildStore
live/AddOns/AddonSelector
live/AddOns/LibAddonMenu-2.0
live/AddOns/LibDialog
How do the addons define the dependency and find them?
The addons will find the libraries/dependencies in the live/AddOns folder via their txt files then, e.g
within live/AddOns/AwesomeGuildStore/AwesomeGuildStore.txt there is the line
Code:
## DependsOn: ... LibAddonMenu-2.0>=31 ...
This will make the addon AwesomeGuildSTore dependent on the library LibAddonMenu-2.0 with the version 31 or higher.

DependsOn means the addon won't load if the library/dependency (could be another addon as well) is missing in your live/AddOns folder with this version after the >=
OptionalDependsOn means the addon will load if the optional dependency is missing, as it's only optionally needed.

So the addon manager ingame will check for a txt file LibAddonMenu-2.0 and if it finds it (at best in live/AddOns/LibAddonMenu-2.0/LibAddonMenu-2.0.txt) it will check for the tag
Code:
## AddOnVersion: number
in this txt file LibAddonMenu-2.0.txt
If the number there equals or is higher than 31 it will load the txt file and thus LibAddonMenu-2.0 from this folder.

The addon manager will check for the dependencies as it loads the game so if you install new libraries / addons make sure you are logged out or at best close the game before! Updating exisitng ones should be no problem while at the character screen, as long as these txt files contents do not change a lot.
10/22/20, 11:05 PM   #4
Sharlikran

That is an image of the search tab. Just remember please look at the program prior to asking questions. It is a very easy to understand and user friendly interface.

All I can stress is that discontinued and outdated addons or libraries will not show up. You should not install them unless you want to take on the responsibility of troubleshooting them yourself without help from others and you should expect to know how to change or update the mod. If not then again, do not install outdated or discontinued addons or libraries.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » How can I get Minion to install Lib files?