04/22/20, 02:45 AM   #1
Marazota
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Someone need to pickup Master Merchant

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...d=928#comments

author retired few months ago looks like
disbanded his guild in ESO and didnt login here also

If that is the case, I find it pretty wrong and quite impolite not to say a single word, given how many people rely on the addon.

please someone need to pickup it
04/22/20, 08:08 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Same like I wrote in the MM comments:

Before starting any threads like this:
Did you try to contact the author via pm, email or by other ressources you got from ingame friends maybe?
It's not a good way to "assume" or "use rumours" as a base. Let the author speak for himself please!

And what should the "guys" vote for in your thread in the forums? It makes no difference if they write there (forum) or here (addon comments). Noone is going to take over an addon if the author is not allowing it!

Last edited by Baertram : 04/22/20 at 10:08 AM.
04/22/20, 09:36 AM   #3
Marazota
ah you suggest to try to contact original author Philgo?

yes good idea
04/22/20, 03:01 PM   #4
Calamath
I think the donation page to the author of MM is still working.  
04/22/20, 03:04 PM   #5
Marazota
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Same like I wrote in the MM comments:

Before starting any threads like this:
Did you try to contact the author via pm, email or by other ressources you got from ingame friends maybe?
It's not a good way to "assume" or "use rumours" as a base. Let the author speak for himself please!

And what should the "guys" vote for in your thread in the forums? It makes no difference if they write there (forum) or here (addon comments). Noone is going to take over an addon if the author is not allowing it!
im confused looks like sylviermoone was co-author of MM
but he deleted himself from author list

and only Philgo68 left

both of them didnt respond not public, neither in DMs

so, you think if nothing will change, if they didnt respond at all never, we must rest this addon in vain
addon with Total downloads: 2,823,068

really?
04/22/20, 03:12 PM   #6
Rhyono
AS ZOS' servers and guild kiosk APIs became increasingly useless and restrictive: it likely killed his desire to work on it. Even if he's fine with someone taking it over, I don't see it happening.
04/22/20, 03:17 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
AS ZOS' servers and guild kiosk APIs became increasingly useless and restrictive: it likely killed his desire to work on it. Even if he's fine with someone taking it over, I don't see it happening.
I guess so as well.
You can probably only hope for someone to create a pacthed version if the author of the addon allowed it in the addon settings. Or a reworked version by someone else if the author has chosen a license in the addon which allows to reuse his addon's code as base.
05/06/20, 01:28 AM   #8
SteveS

Originally Posted by Marazota View Post
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...d=928#comments

author retired few months ago looks like
disbanded his guild in ESO and didnt login here also

If that is the case, I find it pretty wrong and quite impolite not to say a single word, given how many people rely on the addon.

please someone need to pickup it
I wrote to the author a few weeks ago. No answer yet.
05/06/20, 01:41 AM   #9
SteveS

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
And again, it is not ZOS. ATT addon works just fine in 2 minutes everything is updated while MM takes hours. It is the addon, it needs a big rework.
I hope someone pick this up, the automatic pricing is the best function it has.
05/06/20, 01:43 AM   #10
Sharlikran

I don't really see the point. If anyone updated it they would just edit the API version in the txt file to 100030 or whatever it is. That's not adding any functionality to it. Nothing needs to even be added to it or changed.
05/06/20, 02:16 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Well, it might need a change IF the guild history scan is taking ages and could be improved. But I doubt it can be improved.
Afaik ATT and MM are totally different and MM provides and counts WAY more data, and does more calculations, than ATT. This might be the reason why the guild history scan needs ages compared to ATT.

And:
Afai also know this STILL IS the problem of the server as multiple addons ask for guild data at the same time. And this will slow down everything.
This could be fixed if ZOs would provide a cached guild history of the last x days upon login already where not every player needs to re-read it each time from the server, but from a cache.
And only new sells will need to be fetched form the server, throttled, but constantly.

So if you update MM try to disable other addons that access the guild history. And there also exists a workaround by fetching the guild history manually via the vanilla UI , or isn't that working anymore?

Not using MM so these are only the parts I was told by my guilds.
05/06/20, 04:14 AM   #12
SteveS

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
I don't really see the point. If anyone updated it they would just edit the API version in the txt file to 100030 or whatever it is. That's not adding any functionality to it. Nothing needs to even be added to it or changed.
No, we don't need additional options. We need a working addon.
For a lot of us the addon would update for hours while other addon gets the update in 2 minutes.
Something is not working good in the background and that should be fixed.
05/06/20, 07:13 AM   #13
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
No, we don't need additional options. We need a working addon.
For a lot of us the addon would update for hours while other addon gets the update in 2 minutes.
Something is not working good in the background and that should be fixed.
This is what the author explains in his sticky post. It could take hours to scan everything.

Reading the change log is also helpful.
ChangeLog for 2.2.1
Turbo Mode removed at ZOS's request.
So basically he created a way to speed things up and Zos told him to remove the feature. The guys like Baertram and Sirinsidiator were talking about something, I forget what it was. However, whatever it was the conversation was about something happening too quickly without a delay. If the delay wasn't there that it would kick the user from the server. If I remember correctly Dolgubon was asking what the delay needed to be. He was putting a delay in to prevent people from getting kicked using his mod. Even when using Awesome guild store you have seen the message "Cannot blah blah blah..." because you tried to scan too much data too quickly.

It is a drain on the Zos server to have people scan so much data over and over and over so they don't want that happening. It's a little disingenuous of people to assume that the author can speed that up.

Like Baertram said, MM tracks more things then other mods and that's why MM takes longer. However, to add to that. I am in three trading guilds. One is very casual. Maybe less then a 1000 sales posted at any given time. Takes no time at all. The other has top sellers earning over 2 Million in a week. That guild it takes several hours to complete. That's just how it is. The more things to record the longer it takes.

So anyone posting in multiple places and asking people various things like to vote on posts is not helpful. I understand that people might like someone take over the mod and optimize it to go faster. Most likely that is not possible because Zos already had him remove his last optimization option.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 05/06/20 at 09:35 AM.
05/06/20, 08:01 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Juast as an info about this topic
The guys like Baertram and Sirinsidiator were talking about something, I forget what it was. However, whatever it was the conversation was about something happening too quickly without a delay. If the delay wasn't there that it would kick the user from the server. If I remember correctly Dolgubon was asking what the delay needed to be. He was potting a delay in to prevent people from getting kicked using his mod.
This was not related to the guild history but general server "spams" like deconstruction too fast (not using multi deconstruct but item by item) and crafting/improving/extracting gylphs.

The guild history is somewhat different but also needs a delay.
The delay was added by ZOS, not MM or other addons! And it's at the server side not client (lua code).
And it's clearly added because the ADDONS query the server data too often and too fast which related into the server performance problems, login problems and so on.
The MM changelog also got the info in so you only need to read and accept it
ChangeLog for 2.2.1
Turbo Mode removed at ZOS's request.
-> ZOs, not MM's decision

So even IF MM would be changed and the turbo mode was implemented AGAIN (against ZOs will!!!): The problem would be the server are not able to handle it properly and would boot you, or others, or start to freak out again.

ZOs needs to change the server structure and databses for the guilds and histories and after that addons would be working normal/better again. But for now: You need to use what is given, slow and constant, but working.

Or strip MM and use ATT (which will most likely use another way of the turbo mode just the user amounts using ATT is not that big as MM and Zos had not contacted the author of ATT yet to remove the fast scanning then... so expect this to happen as well if the amounts of users using ATT increases and the server load increases as well due to this!).

If you cannot trust us here, who got the insights, and this all is not what you want to hear and read: Just go on and ask for a fix where there is none
Or stop it finally and accept it, and wait for an official feedback by the addon's authors and ZOs maybe.
And maybe bug on ZOs's official forums instead, with as much ppl you can get so they notice, about guild history changes with cached data w/o a need to query the servers each time.
Thank you.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/06/20 at 08:06 AM.
05/06/20, 10:32 AM   #15
Marazota
thing is i tried to use old version of MM with turbo mode

it does nothing
same issue with missing sales
05/06/20, 01:28 PM   #16
john98837
thing is i tried to use old version of MM with turbo mode

it does nothing
same issue with missing sales
However turbo mode was implemented was disabled by ZOS with the dragonhold patch. I kept using the old version till then.
05/06/20, 02:34 PM   #17
Marazota
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
However turbo mode was implemented was disabled by ZOS with the dragonhold patch. I kept using the old version till then.
interesting why ATT hasnt MM issues then
05/06/20, 07:15 PM   #18
Drummerx04
interesting why ATT hasnt MM issues then
I would guess that ATT doesn't actually grab ALL the data in one shot. It may just grab the recent history and then process the rest in the background over time. As long as ATT tracks your own sales history, you probably wouldn't notice some missing info immediately.

Otherwise, I think it's fair to assume philgo and the others know what they are talking about. I am plenty familiar with what it's like to have ZOS nuke an API function I rely on (I.E. my auto repair addon kicks users from the game by making one single call to repair armor). If they say the access is heavily throttled, then it probably is, and ATT is likely doing something to silently hide that.
06/03/20, 01:38 PM   #19
Verbalinkontinenz

Cool

ATT slowly opened history up to 10 days, while you're playing. Last time I played, when ZOS locked down the frequency of sent information from history, it only grabbed what it got from ZOS - there was no difference between ATT and MM regarding that. Except for the fact, that u had to type /mm missing and were a bit more locked to the situation that MM is just scanning history for hours to grabb older data. ATT also needs that time, there is no turbo mode. Its been depending on the frequency, ZOS sent the history information. As I remember, ZOS installed a change to that function, as ZOS is able to slow down and increase speed of sent data depending on server situation.

@Beartram - tell me - even if MM and ATT did that history scanning a bit otherwise, how is ATT scanning or processing less data than MM? Both are grabbing same data. Actually the things which made MM slow in general were tools like filters for extreme pricing and the fact, that MMs way of deleting data was clumpy. Arka did well deciding to straight-limit data to 30 days. Even if its about rare items, data older than 30 days isnt usefull at all - TTC website is better choice there anyways to guess a competetive price. But back to the scanning: ATT isnt faster than MM, its just doing it while you're playing step by step in the background - MM had been blocked with MM missing scanning, or basically you were visually informed about that process. There is no turbo mode in ATT.

MM options for deleting data wasn't that awesome for hardcore sellers. You had the choice to store data to specific amount of sold items for one specific item and additionally an option to store data of rarely sold items, which would keep them. In my "hardcorest" days of beeing a hardcore trader, MM needed to long to load which made me get logged out of the game when trying to logg in - and if changed the settings about deleting items, it made MM lose data younger than a week (Belkarth & Deshaan an the golden tempers - you know...alloy and dreughwax data always got deleted), which crashed guild sales overview - which isnt cool beein a gm as well. Basically thats also been the pure point of creating ATT - Arka decided to keep out functions which would slow down the tool, so hardcore traders which use many trade guilds could play without such problems. Problems, most people with casual trading habits wouldnt even recognize. (Saying as well - as people tend to compare both addons - ATT never has been created in intention to compete with MM - the main people, ATT was adressed to, were GM with similar trading habits and problems and powersellers in our guilds).

In general I'd advice anyone who uses that kind of tools (SGT, MM, ATT...) to just use it on one specific character, as example on the main character u play most, but not on all alts. There is no point in reopening/scanning history on every character after each login in general.

And it's clearly added because the ADDONS query the server data too often and too fast which related into the server performance problems, login problems and so on.
oh and edit: no they actually didnt. they did, what they ever did for years and which was offered by ZOS via api. ZOS just added to many new additions which also would query the server data too often. instead of solving this problem from technical side or communicating with the authors in advance, they decided to make the work of authors of those pretty popular addons partially useless. i totally do understand philgos and moonies frustration over ZOS, as well which happened to Arka and me. We just were lucky enough to find someone who is motivated enough to keep up the work.

Last edited by Verbalinkontinenz : 06/03/20 at 02:00 PM.
06/03/20, 03:41 PM   #20
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks for the insights.

@Beartram - tell me - even if MM and ATT did that history scanning a bit otherwise, how is ATT scanning or processing less data than MM? Both are grabbing same data.
Strip my idea of "another fast scan mode" in ATT compared to MM than.
It was not that I meant it's using some other API (as there is only 1) but maybe scanning other/less data from the history.

That's what you have described in your post above more in detail (e.g. only 30 days), thanks.

In the end it's because of the addons! If we wouldn't use addons the server requests by ZOs themselves would be handable I think.
That's what I wanted to say.
There would be other ways to solve this for sure, I agree

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Someone need to pickup Master Merchant