Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02/08/20, 03:33 AM   #1
wambo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Custom Countdown / Timer for EventIDs

Hiho,

there's already tons of addons for trials and dungeons to give you notifications for special events that often even tell you what to do, and give you a countdown till things hit you.

There's also many things not covered or just not implemented because it would even more "spam" the player and I understand thats rather detrimental.

So I was whondering whether it would be possible to make custom notifications/timers for EventIDs I can grab from the logs or maybe CMX.

I have the idea of testing AuraMastery for example, to get me a timer 24s timer starting at the first "Roaring Flare" or maybe minibosses jumps(I might only find the ID of the dmg skills they do just after the jump) in Cloudrest. So that as a raidlead I could anticipate when the next one is gonna happen and "command" my group accordingly.

So what would that new addon do then:
- offer a few more / easier options to create custom Notifications
- custom as in: position, which event triggers it, color, size,
- like Aura mastery offer a way to export those
- offer a way to organize them (via tabs / splitting lines maybe?)
- easy toggle on/off
- maybe even offer some "catch mode" to find event ids

In the end ppl could share specific notifications, and not rely on addon authors to add this or that one to them, and then have discussions whether this or that is needed or just cluttering.

That said, I feel like it would be great to unify many of the addons already available (HowToSunspire, Code's Combat Alerts, Riadnotifier, BRP helper, and and and)
Maybe some import functionality from those? ^^

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Custom Countdown / Timer for EventIDs