05/28/14, 03:23 PM   #1
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Ability ready in whole guild store result set/make more detailed searches

Right now Guildstore addons can only get the data of 100-item page per search request.
So they have to make a consecutive ammount of Guild store searches just to get a decent amount of data, before they can start filtering on the data.
We addon programmers don't like that. The user don't like that. The DB server for the guild store and it's admin most likely hates it like nobody else.

The best Idea I have is:
Transmitting the whole result set for the entrie search request, doing the paging in the client. Having to fire a new request for every page is bad for performance. I can understand that server side paging is usefull to keep the transmitted data amount small (and normally I would prefer server side paging), but this way you are forcing us (and the normal users) to bombard the server with request (and all those request overheads should be adding up).
If we had better build in search functions (like string or item ID search, more detailed categories) it would not be that much of a problem to do server side paging. But the guild store as it is needs addons that retreive all the data for multiple pages and do the filtering client side. We would perhaps not even mind 5-20 seconds resposne times for a Guild Store querry right now, as it beats 5-seconds wait time per page we have now.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Ability ready in whole guild store result set/make more detailed searches